Contribute
Register

Crimson Grey (Powermac G5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... U from Malaysia ? Finally i stumble on some locals!

You have seemed to have had to sacrifice the top shelf to get the motherboard to fit, why don't you use the original hard drive cage and re-locate it?

I can't understand why G5 modders don't use the original Apple PSU solution, after gutting it's large enough to fit the internals from a standard ATX PSU and provides plenty of ventilation and cooling for the newly installed components in it's own cooling zone, quiet 60mm fans are available or run the original fans at 7v. This solves the problem of having to find a way to get the power cable into the case to connect to the PSU and you don't have to deal with the dumped heat that the PSU generates inside the case.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/164113-my-power-mac-g5-atx-hackintosh-mod.html

You have seemed to have had to sacrifice the top shelf to get the motherboard to fit, why don't you use the original hard drive cage and re-locate it?

I can't understand why G5 modders don't use the original Apple PSU solution, after gutting it's large enough to fit the internals from a standard ATX PSU and provides plenty of ventilation and cooling for the newly installed components in it's own cooling zone, quiet 60mm fans are available or run the original fans at 7v. This solves the problem of having to find a way to get the power cable into the case to connect to the PSU and you don't have to deal with the dumped heat that the PSU generates inside the case.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/164113-my-power-mac-g5-atx-hackintosh-mod.html

Reason why i dont reuse the original psu design is because : the previous modder gave up and i take up his case for 100 myr .. which really cheap .. and inside of the case is basically empty yup even the hdd case is missing and i cant find any seller in malaysia .. somemore warranty of the psu is also of my concern that why i didn't mod it.

well i gonna mod again and this time i would like to repaint .. white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back