Contribute
Register

Creative Xfi Titanium PCIE - No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Should I try Daninmator's KEXT for my X-Fi Fatality with front ports on Lion 10.7.2?

As soon as I install VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and install the AppleHDA disabler kext I found I the PC won't boot to Mac (Freezes on the Apple logo screen and I'm unable to start). I therefore have to re-install Lion.

Sick of re-installing due to VoodooHDA so I've cloned my Mac drive to another partition now so at least hopefully I can have a play around.

Any suggestions? Sorry this is my first time having a go at running Hackintosh.

If anyone is looking for a fix:

I have installed Voodoo 2.7.3 from multibeast and restarted. Saw a volume bar on top-right for the first time (yaaaay!), that too w/o any KP (double yaaay!!) but no sound what-so-ever!
So, the thing I did to make it work:
1. Select (green) port as sound output
2. Opened Audio MIDI setup and clicked configure speakers, and clicked a speaker icon, and BOOM! all of a sudden there's sound!! Very well......everything went perfectly fine till I rebooted.
After that, again no sound->again audio MIDI setup->again click on spkr icon[BOOM] and there's sound. Funny thing is I need to do it EVERY time I reboot my machine to get sound, and that too I need to make sure the volume bar is at it's highest, otherwise it doesn't work !
But, anywho at least I'm getting stereo sound out of my 5.1 now. Better than nothing, eh!?

Danimator said:
Exodus said:
Hi guys,

Have my 5870 and everything is running great apart from the Sound Card.
I have tried voodoo HDA of all types and its doing my head in, Is there anyone here that has had any success ?

If so could you kindly guide me through the installation of the kexts order and which versions.

Thanks in Advance

What version X-fi do you have? I a fully working kext for the X-Fi titanium fatality champion pci-e if you want to try it?

VHDA_X_Fi_Titanium_Fatal1ty_Champion.zip

For those interested, I can verify this works BEAUTIFULLY on the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional on 10.7.3. The standard VoodooHDA works too, but it ends up crackling at times. This one works much better, so I recommend switching if you have this card.

quick question..i dont know if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I didn't see anyone talk about rather the optical digital outs work... I have my creative X-fi titanium in it's box for now because i was under the impression the optical outs dont work...and I would love it if I could use the card fully functional on my hackintosh
can someone confirm for me if they work

Just a note for people using the X-Fi Titanium HD and struggling (as I was) with getting it to work - it works just fine, at least with the Fatality Champion VoodooHDA kext from this thread. But there`s a catch that didn`t occur to me until now - it only works if you use the RCA output (and set the Sound preferences to Green output). Neither of the headphone outputs work, no matter what output you try to select in the Sound. If you don`t have anything connected to the RCA output, it`s kinda tricky to figure this one out (I`ve pretty much lost all hope of this card working in OS X). So if you want to use headphones, you need to get an adapter and connect them to the RCA outputs.

Thought this might come in handy for someone as I never saw that mentioned anywhere on the internets...

Case_f said:
Just a note for people using the X-Fi Titanium HD and struggling (as I was) with getting it to work - it works just fine, at least with the Fatality Champion VoodooHDA kext from this thread. But there`s a catch that didn`t occur to me until now - it only works if you use the RCA output (and set the Sound preferences to Green output). Neither of the headphone outputs work, no matter what output you try to select in the Sound. If you don`t have anything connected to the RCA output, it`s kinda tricky to figure this one out (I`ve pretty much lost all hope of this card working in OS X). So if you want to use headphones, you need to get an adapter and connect them to the RCA outputs.

Thought this might come in handy for someone as I never saw that mentioned anywhere on the internets...

This worked perfectly for me. I am also using a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard. I readded the AppleHDA.kext to the S/L/E and now I can use both onboard and the audio output from the X-Fi. I cannot figure out how to get optical in working on the X-Fi, however (if it is even possible).

jomanscool2 said:
Case_f said:

This worked perfectly for me. I am also using a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard. I readded the AppleHDA.kext to the S/L/E and now I can use both onboard and the audio output from the X-Fi. I cannot figure out how to get optical in working on the X-Fi, however (if it is even possible).

I'm using VoodooHDA 2.7.3 without any modifications with my X-FI titanium HD, with RCA cable (For that to work I've selected Line out red, I have no green output really). And yet I'd like to know too if it's possible to use optical out, it shown both in audio settings and midi/audio control, but voice control disabled for this output ((( Any ideas how to get it to work? Oj , and I must add - I'm newbie in this so not much help from me, unless you tell me what do you might need from me.

Works on OSX Lion 10.7.3. Analog Output only tho. Using Green As Others Have Used. Optical is a no go :( I want optical to use with my Z-5500 Any Suggestions?

Nimue said:
For those interested, I can verify this works BEAUTIFULLY on the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional on 10.7.3. The standard VoodooHDA works too, but it ends up crackling at times. This one works much better, so I recommend switching if you have this card.

Did you do anything special to get this working? If I let OS X try to boot normally I get a kernel panic. If I boot using the -F flag it works. Could you post your chameleon.plist either here or PM it to me? I'd like to see what in mine might be causing the problem.

are there any news about an existing 100% functional kext for x-fi titanium? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back