Contribute
Register

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe 5/RX (Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, i also have my own version of kx driver, i emailed to the creator of kx driver and he said that audio input support was at the early development stage, and as expected in the last version of the source code it doesn't works and he said that he will no longer release new drivers or update the sources, so if we want to have that feature we have to "steal" the code from the linux driver and translate it for mac os x, and for 10k3 chip to have a proper support is necessary to implement it into the code and also into the info.plist file of the kext and also add the code to fully support the pi to pcie bridge chip of the audigy rx card, so it's a lot of work, maybe one of the guys that develops hackintosh drivers (like the creator of apple alc kext) can help us, because the driver needs to be totally rewritten for the mac side because it uses a deprecated way to implement an audio driver and aso it needs support for new cards and audio input. i hope that could be helpful, maybe an email or a message to tonymacx86 will help us to find some one to join that project, in this way we will also have a fully supported consumer grade pcie dedicated audio card for hackintosh (audigy 2 rx)

Hi,

I just bought a Soundblaster RX and were delighted to find your driver. I've scrolled through the Insanely Mac thread and saw a lot of troubleshooting posts. Great that there is a lot of support, but can I ask: where are we on sound inputs and sample frequency selection? These are really important to me...

I look forward to getting the full potential out of my sound card. I've got a little of programming experience myself. Is there a GitHub for this driver? I might try to contribute...

Kind regards

Hi,

I just bought a Soundblaster RX and were delighted to find your driver. I've scrolled through the Insanely Mac thread and saw a lot of troubleshooting posts. Great that there is a lot of support, but can I ask: where are we on sound inputs and sample frequency selection? These are really important to me...

I look forward to getting the full potential out of my sound card. I've got a little of programming experience myself. Is there a GitHub for this driver? I might try to contribute...

Kind regards
For inputs and sample rate selection they simply do not work, i am still trying to figure out how to get inputs to work and also sample frequency is locket to 48khz (to make it changeable i must rewrite a lot of stuff inside the driver), if you need that i suggest to you to look for an esi maya 44 xte or a maya 44 ex, with the latest drivers they works both fine in high sierra without issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back