Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys i just thought i might throw some insight out there for you guys. Maybe your onboard Audio doesn't work or maybe you're looking for better audio heres a PCI Sound card which works from 10.6 straight to 10.11 it sounds beautiful i actually forgot how well it sounds compared to onboard audio. you can pick up Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 quite cheap on eBay its a old sound card but still sounds great :D You need to install the KX driver which has its own built installer for OS X also windows.

Soundblaster_Audigy2_ZS.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 23.36.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 23.36.52.png

Great work on getting the card to work!

I bought the SB0240 version(looks the same as yours) and its working but only my speakers work i don't hear my subwoofer(which i connected through the port next to firewire)

Rick,

Hi mate :). I haven't tested any of the ports except green speaker out. I'll have a look at mine and I'll get back to you.

I have been using that soundcard without any problems using the KXProject drivers, that is until I installed El Capitan using clover. They did not work and even crashed my machine. when I had installed El Capitan using Enoch Chameleon the drivers worked perfectly. Currently I am resorting to a very cheap USB sound card. I would like my Audigy to work, but I am not going back to Enoch just to achieve that. I have tried both the original Kx drivers, and also KX drivers that have been modified.

I have this in my Config Plist. Force rather than Fix HPET. Is it the same thing and needs to be removed?
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<true/>

I have been using that soundcard without any problems using the KXProject drivers, that is until I installed El Capitan using clover. They did not work and even crashed my machine. when I had installed El Capitan using Enoch Chameleon the drivers worked perfectly. Currently I am resorting to a very cheap USB sound card. I would like my Audigy to work, but I am not going back to Enoch just to achieve that. I have tried both the original Kx drivers, and also KX drivers that have been modified.

I have this in my Config Plist. Force rather than Fix HPET. Is it the same thing and needs to be removed?
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<true/>

My MSI-G41M-P25 have Fix HPET in Config.plist and works perfectly fine with the Sound Blaster. Maybe you have something in Config.plist that is stopping the sound card working.

My MSI-G41M-P25 have Fix HPET in Config.plist and works perfectly fine with the Sound Blaster. Maybe you have something in Config.plist that is stopping the sound card working.
Force HPET is not Clover it's Chameleon. I have no idea why it does not say Fix HPET. What does your Config Plist say? Mine has this
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<true/>

take a look here, i am working on a mod of the driver you used for your audigy 2 card, it simply, makes it better compatible with recent mac os versions and also fixes some issues, another thing is that now the names of the card in the settings is more user friendly Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

Force HPET is not Clover it's Chameleon. I have no idea why it does not say Fix HPET. What does your Config Plist say? Mine has this
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<true/>

Incorrect. FixHPET is for Clover not Chameleon.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 16.08.21.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back