Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tool is buggy, it does not save the controls, just the parameters. I need the response of PARAM_EX_VALUE and PARAM_EX_ID from vendor widget 0x15, where PARAM_EX_VALUE is different for speakers and headphones, I need both. See also the screenshotView attachment 325537 .

I'm having trouble finding this. See my attached screen shot. The parameters you're looking for aren't listed under "Vendor Defined Widget:(0x15)/Controls..."

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    869.7 KB · Views: 137
You need to compress the files, right click on them and select compress.
Another AppleALC where the first line out should work and probably the headphones.
Yes, this time I have Output Devices listed as: Digital Out/Headphones/Line Out/Line Out. The first Line Out gives sound through "m". If Output Device set to "Headphones" then no output.

I'm having trouble finding this. See my attached screen shot. The parameters you're looking for aren't listed under "Vendor Defined Widget:(0x15)/Controls..."
Oh, I forgot to give you the revised config, replace the old one from the program folder.
Yes, this time I have Output Devices listed as: Digital Out/Headphones/Line Out/Line Out. The first Line Out gives sound through "m". If Output Device set to "Headphones" then no output.
Is the headphone device in the first place? it was supposed to be the second device.

Attachments

• Config.xml.zip
    7 KB · Views: 107
Oh, I forgot to give you the revised config, replace the old one from the program folder.
Is the headphone device in the first place? it was supposed to be the second device.
OK. Will try this config.xml. When you say "replace the one from the program folder", I'm not sure what you mean by program folder. Can you clarify?

The headphone device is second in the list, hence Output Devices listed as: Digital Out/Headphones/Line Out/Line Out.

Thanks.

OK. Will try this config.xml. When you say "replace the one from the program folder", I'm not sure what you mean by program folder. Can you clarify?
On your Windows drive, /Program Files/Microsoft High Definition Audio Utility (64-bit)
The headphone device is second in the list, hence Output Devices listed as: Digital Out/Headphones/Line Out/Line Out.
I think if you click on the speaker icon in the menu bar, the digital devices come first, but in the sound preferences they are at the bottom. I ask for the order in the preference pane.

I think if you click on the speaker icon in the menu bar, the digital devices come first, but in the sound preferences they are at the bottom. I ask for the order in the preference pane.

The preference pane list is ordered as follows:
1. Line Out (Type: Audio line-out port). This gives sound from "m", though the volume control is grayed out and cannot be adjusted.
2. Headphones (Type: headphone port).
3. Line Out (Type: Audio line-out port).
4. Digital out (Type: Optical digital-out port).
On your Windows drive, /Program Files/Microsoft High Definition Audio Utility (64-bit)
I'm still having trouble here. If I insert the zip file in this folder and run the utility I get what I got before. If I unzip it, or copy one of the config files inside it into this folder then I get errors. Sorry, this is probably obvious, but can you clarify whether I have to unzip and/or rename the Config.xml.zip you have sent.

The preference pane list is ordered as follows:
1. Line Out (Type: Audio line-out port). This gives sound from "m", though the volume control is grayed out and cannot be adjusted.
2. Headphones (Type: headphone port).
3. Line Out (Type: Audio line-out port).
4. Digital out (Type: Optical digital-out port).
Ok, that's how it should be. Volume control will work when we find the bits to remap the ports.
I'm still having trouble here. If I insert the zip file in this folder and run the utility I get what I got before. If I unzip it, or copy one of the config files inside it into this folder then I get errors. Sorry, this is probably obvious, but can you clarify whether I have to unzip and/or rename the Config.xml.zip you have sent.
The config.xml.zip must be unpacked in any case, then you must overwrite the old file. Or first try deleting the old file and then copy the new file to this folder.

The config.xml.zip must be unpacked in any case, then you must overwrite the old file. Or first try deleting the old file and then copy the new file to this folder.
Right, got it! Thanks for your patience.

vendor widget 0x15
PARAM_EX_ID_GET
GPIO Direction: 0xD
PARAM_EX_VALUE_GET
GPIO Wake Enable Mask: 0x21 (Headphones)
GPIO Wake Enable Mask: 0x24 (Speakers)

Right, got it! Thanks for your patience.

vendor widget 0x15
PARAM_EX_ID_GET
GPIO Direction: 0xD
PARAM_EX_VALUE_GET
GPIO Wake Enable Mask: 0x21 (Headphones)
GPIO Wake Enable Mask: 0x24 (Speakers)
Ok, now we have to deal with the GPIOs. I need the values from Data, Enable and Direction, the Data value should change when switching from speaker to headphones.

Attachments

• GPIOs.PNG
    GPIOs.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 123
Ok, now we have to deal with the GPIOs. I need the values from Data, Enable and Direction, the Data value should change when switching from speaker to headphones.

GPIO Data: 0xD (speaker)
GPIO Data: 0x9 (headphone)
GPIO Enable: 0xF
GPIO Direction: 0xF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back