Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong with the output from "codec_dump_creative_audio_panel_speakers-1104.txt", please redo. Before rebooting to macOS, switch once to headphones and then speakers, even if they were already selected.

Done. Output attached.

That's right, with front jacks I mean the audio jacks on the front panel. Can you also see if there is pinsense on the microphone? jacks.

Unplugged everything. Plugged cable into front mic jack. pinsense result attached as microphone-frontpanel.txt.

Ok, I added the second optical output again, let's see if the sound is still distorted

Installed this latest AppleALC.kext. Sound has returned as before, still distorted.

Try the CA0132Switcher again while using the headphone, if you listen carefully, there is a static noise. Choose between speakers and headphones to see if the noise disappears. You can also try it on Windows to see if you hear a difference.

However I set the switcher it seems to make no difference to what I hear through the headphones. In Windows I can hear the static noise appear and disappear in the headphones as I switch from headphones to speakers.

Hope this is all clear.

Attachments

• codec_dump_creative_audio_panel_speakers-1104v2.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 131
  • microphone-frontpanel.txt
    365 bytes · Views: 122
This is strange, the codec dump while the speakers were enabled seems to be the same as headphones. The pinsense script, while the microphone was plugged in, shows pinsense to pin 0xb, which is the line out jack.
I found a newer switcher than the one from the first post, try it, if it does nothing also try the attached tool. Finally, replace also the CodecCommander.

Attachments

• CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 117
  • CodecCommander.kext.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 117
  • CA0132Tool_HP_imp.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 114
This is strange, the codec dump while the speakers were enabled seems to be the same as headphones. The pinsense script, while the microphone was plugged in, shows pinsense to pin 0xb, which is the line out jack.
I found a newer switcher than the one from the first post, try it, if it does nothing also try the attached tool. Finally, replace also the CodecCommander.
Thanks as ever.

OK. Will do these things. I'll also check the internal connections to the front panel headphone jack, but I'm pretty sure they're right.

Installing the new CodecCommander gave me undistorted sound!

The "Sound" Preferences pane gives me Headphones/Line Out/Line Out/Digital out/Digital Out.

The speakers are plugged in to "m" (line out) and when I select the second "Digital Out" I get sound that way. None of the other outputs give me sound. The "Digital Out" is listed as an "Optical digital-out port", but that's clearly not what's being selected, since it is actually the analog "line out" ("m").

I tried both the switcher and the "tool". As soon as I selected anything, I lost sound entirely and couldn't get it back (ie. couldn't get anything out of "m").

I do now have sound, however... so this is great progress!

Installing the new CodecCommander gave me undistorted sound!

The "Sound" Preferences pane gives me Headphones/Line Out/Line Out/Digital out/Digital Out.

The speakers are plugged in to "m" (line out) and when I select the second "Digital Out" I get sound that way. None of the other outputs give me sound. The "Digital Out" is listed as an "Optical digital-out port", but that's clearly not what's being selected, since it is actually the analog "line out" ("m").

I tried both the switcher and the "tool". As soon as I selected anything, I lost sound entirely and couldn't get it back (ie. couldn't get anything out of "m").

I do now have sound, however... so this is great progress!
You can also try to connect your speakers to C/Sub, where the second line-out device should output sound, the same with the rear speakers and the third line-out. Can you upload your saved ioreg while the sound is working?

Actually, pin 0xb is swapped with pin 0xd, which can be remapped, we just have to figure out how.
Here is a Microsoft Audio utility that allows to you save the codec data, upload it.

You can also try to connect your speakers to C/Sub, where the second line-out device should output sound, the same with the rear speakers and the third line-out. Can you upload your saved ioreg while the sound is working?

Actually, pin 0xb is swapped with pin 0xd, which can be remapped, we just have to figure out how.
Here is a Microsoft Audio utility that allows to you save the codec data, upload it.
Will do that this evening. Thanks for this!

ioreg attached.

Booting up the machine this morning, sound is from "m" (line out) when the second "Digital Out" is selected. (Nothing from l, o, p, q).

Output of Microsoft audio utility:
  1. Selected the only option in the menu "File/Local Machine Codecs/" that would produce an output.
  2. Selected "Export working codec" in HDAU 2 format.
  3. Cannot attach result because it is a ".dat" file, which this site says is not an allowed file extension.
  4. Selected "Save PinConfig Setting As" and created pinconfig.reg
  5. Cannot attach result because it is a ".reg" file, which this site says is not an allowed file extension.
Can you advise which files you need and how to upload?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Jonathan’s iMac (4).ioreg
    9.3 MB · Views: 137
ioreg attached.

Booting up the machine this morning, sound is from "m" (line out) when the second "Digital Out" is selected. (Nothing from l, o, p, q).

Output of Microsoft audio utility:
  1. Selected the only option in the menu "File/Local Machine Codecs/" that would produce an output.
  2. Selected "Export working codec" in HDAU 2 format.
  3. Cannot attach result because it is a ".dat" file, which this site says is not an allowed file extension.
  4. Selected "Save PinConfig Setting As" and created pinconfig.reg
  5. Cannot attach result because it is a ".reg" file, which this site says is not an allowed file extension.
Can you advise which files you need and how to upload?

Thanks!
You need to compress the files, right click on them and select compress.
Another AppleALC where the first line out should work and probably the headphones.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    668.6 KB · Views: 112
Ah, an obvious solution. Thanks! Here are the zipped files. Thanks for the AppleALC. Will test asap.

Attachments

• audio-codec.zip
    674 bytes · Views: 123
  • pinconfigs.zip
    539 bytes · Views: 99
The tool is buggy, it does not save the controls, just the parameters. I need the response of PARAM_EX_VALUE and PARAM_EX_ID from vendor widget 0x15, where PARAM_EX_VALUE is different for speakers and headphones, I need both. See also the screenshot audio_tool.PNG .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back