Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z690 extreme
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
I would like to use two different configurations of Opencore on same machine. What are your ideas to rename one of the opencore name in BIOS, so you can select from Bios menu the Opencore you want to load.

I would like to use two different configurations of Opencore on same machine. What are your ideas to rename one of the opencore name in BIOS, so you can select from Bios menu the Opencore you want to load.
You'll need to have each configuration in separate folders such as EFI/OC_1 and EFI/OC_2 or similar if you haven't already. You're going to need to create the UEFI boot entries manually so make sure that Misc > Boot > LauncherOption is set to Disabled in both config.plist files. If you have UEFI > Quirks > RequestBootVarRouting enabled in both configs as you should I'd suggest the following:
  • Copy OC/Tools/OpenShell.efi to a USB flash drive at this path and name: efi/boot/bootx64.efi
  • Restart your computer and boot from that flash drive.
  • Use the UEFI Shell instructions from my Clover guide as an example to create a pair of entries for each OC configuration.
Restart again and test the entries.

And if they are on different SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back