Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M & Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have tried to find some information on how to write hardware drivers for Mac OS, but with no luck. I want to install Hackintosh on my laptop so I can start with iPhone and OS X development (apps, drivers and such).

Would someone lead me to the right direction?

P.S: I have background experience in Java, C++ etc.

If all you want to do is install macOS on your laptop right now, you don't really need to know how to write drivers to do that. The tutorials on this site should help you out, specifically those written by RehabMan, as he has whole repositories of DSDT patches that you might need to get different parts of your laptop working with macOS.

If you want to get into writing kernel extensions, I'm just beginning to learn about that too in an effort to bring support for my trackpad to the VoodooI2C kext. I have found tons of documentation about it on the apple developer website: https://developer.apple.com/

I don't think you need a developer account to view most of it, though I'm not sure because I only found it right after getting a developer account so I can install iOS apps on my phone for a year. Living without a jailbreak is no fun.

The VoodooI2C kext (and I believe most IOKit drivers) is written in C++, so you should be at home with starting to learn about creating them.

Good luck, and happy hacking!

If all you want to do is install macOS on your laptop right now, you don't really need to know how to write drivers to do that. The tutorials on this site should help you out, specifically those written by RehabMan, as he has whole repositories of DSDT patches that you might need to get different parts of your laptop working with macOS.

If you want to get into writing kernel extensions, I'm just beginning to learn about that too in an effort to bring support for my trackpad to the VoodooI2C kext. I have found tons of documentation about it on the apple developer website: https://developer.apple.com/

I don't think you need a developer account to view most of it, though I'm not sure because I only found it right after getting a developer account so I can install iOS apps on my phone for a year. Living without a jailbreak is no fun.

The VoodooI2C kext (and I believe most IOKit drivers) is written in C++, so you should be at home with starting to learn about creating them.

Good luck, and happy hacking!
deathmetalgore hasn't been around for nearly 2 years

deathmetalgore hasn't been around for nearly 2 years
Forgive me, I'm new and I didn't realize that this post was from almost two years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back