Contribute
Register

Creating Custom SSDT For add in cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I rushed to post, something I rarely do:)
Decided to take a new approach and made SSDTs for both cards!

Attached if anyone needs them:)
@Petros that's nice of you. My Mini Monitor is the little box one, not PCIe, but it's working anyway. Can I ask where you learned how to build SSDTs? It seems like the guides I find are all related to USB and don't really explain how the different parameters work. Thanks.

@Petros that's nice of you. My Mini Monitor is the little box one, not PCIe, but it's working anyway. Can I ask where you learned how to build SSDTs? It seems like the guides I find are all related to USB and don't really explain how the different parameters work. Thanks.

I can't really help you with that, I picked up things here and there and mostly change/add few lines in SSDTs I find around, never did one from scratch:)

What are you trying to do? You can also use DeviceProperties and Hackintool if you're trying to make the PCI page nice.

What are you trying to do? You can also use DeviceProperties and Hackintool if you're trying to make the PCI page nice.
Just trying to wrap my head around this stuff better. Right now I just change a value you give me, but I don't have any understanding of what those values do. The Opencore explanations are quite helpful with getting up and running, but I'd like to know what "Scope" means, and "buffer" and how these values are actually derived, etc. ...

Just trying to wrap my head around this stuff better. Right now I just change a value you give me, but I don't have any understanding of what those values do. The Opencore explanations are quite helpful with getting up and running, but I'd like to know what "Scope" means, and "buffer" and how these values are actually derived, etc. ...

It's a lot easier to open ioreg and work backwards from existing SSDTs out there. I'm not very good at the technical jargon but from what I understand the scope just means where in the registry you are specifying your code. Buffer is the size the value inside has or is expected to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back