Contribute
Register

Creating Bootable USB for Ivy Bridge—Sl—ML install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, first post, first Hac. I'm having trouble creating a bootable to even get started. I have access to two laptops runing SL 10.6.8. I feel like i'm missing something in the guides ... step 13. Destination Select only shows the internal drive of the laptop. tried both laptops and multiple usb drives and the same result. One thought as I'm writing this is the drive I've tried to create the bootable from, does it need to be flash mem for some reason?

I have:

SL DVD 10.6.3
Two SL 10.6.8 Macs

Drives:
4GM thumb
500GB external USB drive

Build items FYI:
i5 3770, GIGA z77XUP5TH
sandisk 120 SSD, Sata etc

Hello, first post, first Hac. I'm having trouble creating a bootable to even get started. I have access to two laptops runing SL 10.6.8. I feel like i'm missing something in the guides ... step 13. Destination Select only shows the internal drive of the laptop. tried both laptops and multiple usb drives and the same result. One thought as I'm writing this is the drive I've tried to create the bootable from, does it need to be flash mem for some reason?

I have:

SL DVD 10.6.3
Two SL 10.6.8 Macs

Drives:
4GM thumb
500GB external USB drive

Build items FYI:
i5 3770, GIGA z77XUP5TH

chesspig

as to being able to make a Boot USB for SL - this is a self defeating task as we have a tool for that you can boot from called iBoot For Ivy Bridge in the Downloads section.

As to the SL DVD I assume this is the white version cover w the picture of the Snow Cat on it - if this is the GREY CD then this will not work as it is a restore CD not the retail version that we need.

Once you boot from this CD you use the SL DVD and install OSX SL onto the Hack Hardware which you have listed and is Ivy Bridge. The download is a ZIP file which unpacks to a ISO file and you need to burn that ISO to a CD.

You may want to use the startup switches -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

see this link and a video.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

I have:

SL DVD 10.6.3
Two SL 10.6.8 Macs

Drives:
4GM thumb
500GB external USB drive

Build items FYI:
i5 3770, GIGA z77XUP5TH

If you have 2 laptops running 10.6.8, why not download ML on the laptop and create UniBeast USB? Or is laptop too old and App store refuses download?

Try this:
Use CCC or SuperDuper to clone your 10.6.8 to the external USB drive.
Burn iBoot Ivy Bridge to a CD
boot with the iBoot IB and select the usb clone. Download the 10.8.5 install app and go from there.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back