Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully created a hackintosh on one of my old drives which I had lying around. I did it as a test but now I want to clone that drive to a partition on my much larger data drive which I have separate from my main windows drive. The only problem is that that drive is already NTFS. Is there any way I can just resize that drive and create a 200GB Mac OS Partition? I was planning on cloning my existing Mac OS drive through carbon copy cloner.

I successfully created a hackintosh on one of my old drives which I had lying around. I did it as a test but now I want to clone that drive to a partition on my much larger data drive which I have separate from my main windows drive. The only problem is that that drive is already NTFS. Is there any way I can just resize that drive and create a 200GB Mac OS Partition? I was planning on cloning my existing Mac OS drive through carbon copy cloner.
Back up all data on the large drive. Open a command window and use diskpart to identify, clean and convert the disk to gpt partition tables. Create 2 partitions (one for Mac OS) and format both of them NTFS. Boot your OS X drive, use Mac OS Disk Utility to erase the partition for OS X to Mac OS format, then clone and install boot loader. Reboot to Windows and restore your files to the NTFS partition.
Alternately, you might try the method linked in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ecord-mbr-to-guid-partition-table-gpt.224351/

@fusion67, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back