Contribute
Register

Create new Hackintosh to Develop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi :)
I have DECIDED to create my first Hackintosh. At this moment I use windows 10 in dualboot with Ubuntu.

I have a little doubt:
- Can I install MacOS dualboot with windows 10?

And now the real question. I have € 500/600€ and I want to create a PC with enough power to develop with:
- Android studio
- Visual Studio
- XCode

I also use the pc to :
- watch video
- editing some photo in photoshop
- edit some video

I don't use pc to play games.

I'm Aiming to buy Intel i7 6700 but the budget is not enough.. I hope that I can save money choosing a more cheaper Intel i5 6500 . Could you suggest me a good configuration under the 700€ ?

Last edited:
My suggestion... save for the i7 so you can get the (8) threads processing power.

Forget dualboot (if you won't be gaming), Instead install Parallels and run your Windows 10 and Ubuntu as virtual machines.
The 8 threads will also come handy in video editing.

I'm still on an old i7-2600K (albeit overclocked to 4.2Ghz), and am using the above setup.... also doing the same stuff you're doing.

My Win10 is used for Visual Studio 2015, and running IIS and SQL 2012 server. Since it's a VM, I have access to it even from OSX desktop. I can access the local IIS/SQL server from the OSX side browser too. Sometimes I use VS2015 (In Coherence mode, so it's as if VS is running native on the Mac desktop).

And make sure your memory is more than 16GB if you'll be running VMs... at least 24GB, 32GB better.
Run the VMs on a separate hard drive from your OSX main hard drive. (Better performance for VM). If you can afford it, install the VM on an SSD.

Adobe Cloud is also available on OSX, so no need to run Photoshop, Premiere on Windows. You can install and do everything in OSX.

If you don't play games and don't need all the horsepower of Windows/PC side.

If you have Windows/Ubuntu running as Virtual Machines (instead of dual booting), then you can access all the resources on your Windows/Ubuntu machine at the SAME TIME while you're in OSX. No need to get out of OSX, run Windows, then back to OSX again. You can have both systems running at same time.

In my example above, I can do development on the OSX side, and still be testing my site/app while it accesses the IIS web/SQL server running on the Windows computer. All from a single machine. Also works the other way around... you can access OSX files from your Windows desktop (if you allow it).

If I need to test my websites using an old Windows 7 or Windows 8, I just run those specific VMs. (I have VMs from Win2000, to XP, to Vista, Win7, 8, 10...) --- all accessible from my single machine.

My OSX toolbar right now... a Windows 10 machine running in the background.
new_OSX_desktop.png

Last edited:
Which motherboard do you suggest to me ? Can I don't buy the video card ?

I have to stay into 700€

Another question: is legal make a hackintosh ? I believe is not . What do I risk if I deploy an app on app store through an Hackintosh?

Another question: is legal make a hackintosh ?
A EULA is an agreement between you and the creator of the product/service the agreement refers to. A law is something completely different than that. It is enforceable by the city/state/country that you reside in. No individual has ever been penalized, fined or jailed that I know of, for using macOS on PC hardware. So by this definition it's not illegal.

You have to decide if you want to break the agreement you make when using macOS on non Apple branded hardware. Say you are married and agree with your spouse to take out the garbage. You break the agreement by not doing it as promised. You won't go to jail or be fined, but you will have to deal with the response of that person you break your agreement with. Not the legal authorities where you reside. If you create iOS apps for the App store on a hackintosh, Apple may have a problem with that. You should do some research online about this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back