Motherboard
ASUS FX505DT
CPU
Ryzen 5 3550H
Graphics
Vega 8, GTX 1650
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have QCA9377 WIFI card installed on notebook Lenovo 300-17ISK. It smaller then PCI mini and not working drivers for it. I want to try write own driver from linux binary. Is it real to use linux executable for using it to run my QCA9377 under 10.12.x Sierra?

What skills I need for make it working? Maybe there are some manuals for creating kext in xCode?

Maybe have a working similar hardware sources thats I can to rewrite?

Mi WIFI card:

_aebNOBhHxc.jpg

And I have a question: what cards can I install in this port(PCI-E mini)? Is this PCI-E half mini card?

I have QCA9377 WIFI card installed on notebook Lenovo 300-17ISK. It smaller then PCI mini and not working drivers for it. I want to try write own driver from linux binary. Is it real to use linux executable for using it to run my QCA9377 under 10.12.x Sierra?

What skills I need for make it working? Maybe there are some manuals for creating kext in xCode?

Maybe have a working similar hardware sources thats I can to rewrite?

Mi WIFI card:

View attachment 235199

And I have a question: what cards can I install in this port(PCI-E mini)? Is this PCI-E half mini card?

Writing a WiFi kext would be a huge amount of work. Apple does not document the interfaces in IO80211Family.kext, which means that not only must you create the low level driver code to deal with the hardware itself, you must also create the WiFi user interface code (for dealing with connecting, storing passwords, etc).

It is why no one has really done it.

Replace incompatible hardware with compatible hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Writing a WiFi kext would be a huge amount of work. Apple does not document the interfaces in IO80211Family.kext, which means that not only must you create the low level driver code to deal with the hardware itself, you must also create the WiFi user interface code (for dealing with connecting, storing passwords, etc).

It is why no one has really done it.

Replace incompatible hardware with compatible hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Ok. That really means what I can't do it now.

I was found 80211 open BSD port here. Can it be helpful or it's very old solution?
I want to start coding on Xcode with this driver.

everyone should watch this video:
.He install success. But i can't download the file in the link of description of video. Someone can download that?

Hi @kaironsw any progress with the download link?
This video is a reupload with a fake url... After 20 minutes of research I found the original video, but I think it's not working for QCA9377:

i was searching for 1 hour but that not work... :<

Unfortunately the files where moved to trash can.
Please recover the files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back