Contribute
Register

Create a "Fusion Drive" on your CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we can convince macman to add Fusion drive support to Chimera. :)

I have SSD 180GB and HDD 500GB..I wanna use them with Fusion..My problem is that can I separate fusion by 2 partitions to use dual boot Windows 8 and ML?????

I have MacBook aluminium late 2008.
I install ocz agility 3 120gb
In the system info show sata speed 1.5 gigabit
HDD show 3 gigabits
Please I need help Fix ssd speed to 3gigabits

UPDATE!

I update my OCZ ssd firmware, steel showing 1.5 gigabits but no more spin ball and no freeze! tomorrow i will try fuzion drive again!

Does anyone else get error -69780 "Unable to create a new CoreStorage Logical Volume" if so, are there any solutions? Also I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I'm using a seagate momentus xt hybrid drive.

Just a quick note to say thanks for the guide!
I already had an SSD as my hackintosh boot disk, but combined a 120G OCZ Agility 3 with a 1.5Tbps Samsung drive to fuse them into a drive I use for newsgroup downloads where the use of RAR and PAR2 requires a lot of disk read/writes. I see now peak read/write speeds have almost doubled compared to just the samsung drive.

I have MacBook aluminium late 2008.
HDD show 3 gigabits

UPDATE!

I update my OCZ ssd firmware, steel showing 1.5 gigabits but no more spin ball and no freeze! tomorrow i will try fuzion drive again!

Today i make fusion drive again! and doing great! speed not so good compare to sata III because my macbook is sata II but is much faster then HDD!

Thanks!

Hi all,
i build a Fusion Drive on my iMac 2009 with an SSD 256GB + HDD 1TB. The FUD works well, but i'm not able to boot in the recovery mode.
How to say Apple on fusion drive system the only way to boot in recovery mode is to press cmd+R because the ALT key pressed on startup doesn't works. On my system cmd+R doesn't works too, so after many tests i found a way to booting in recovery mode.
If at startup resetting the NVRAM with cmd+alt+P+R and just after the second chime cmd+R my iMac boots from the recovery partition.
So every time i want the recovery mode i must reset the NVRAM.
Where is the problem? Probably an EFI bug?
Thanks.

This is my "diskutil list" output:
Code:
Last login: Tue Nov 13 15:39:09 2012 from 10.0.1.2iMac24:~ luca$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         255.7 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OS X               134.2 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         929.4 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3
   4:       Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP                64.8 GB    disk1s4
/dev/disk2
   0:                  Apple_HFS Fusion                 *1.2 TB     disk2
iMac24:~ luca$

toshikun said:
HDD show 3 gigabits
Same problem on my iMac 2009 and SAMSUNG 830 256GB and SEAGATE HDD 1TB. I solved by moving the SSD on the primary SATA port and the HDD on the second (DVD port) then i forced the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps by setting the appropriate jumper. Now the SSD run at 3Gbs and the HDD at 1.5gbs.
For me the problem is that the NVIDIA sata controller is not able to negotiated two 3Gps link (SSD+HDD).

if i wanna boot from fusion drive with osx installed without other osx installed on hdd what i do? i create a fusion drive but with usb created with unibeast 1.5.3 i see a "fusion Drive" and "fusion Drive 2" and when a select one of them no starting. Sorry for my english. i hope in a to do for help some other people with same problem

Same problem on my iMac 2009 and SAMSUNG 830 256GB and SEAGATE HDD 1TB. I solved by moving the SSD on the primary SATA port and the HDD on the second (DVD port) then i forced the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps by setting the appropriate jumper. Now the SSD run at 3Gbs and the HDD at 1.5gbs.
For me the problem is that the NVIDIA sata controller is not able to negotiated two 3Gps link (SSD+HDD).

but even i use only ssd on primary SATA and notting on DVD port steel show 1.5 Gps. i have SSD in the primary SATA (show 1.5 Gps) and HDD in DVD port(show 3 Gps)
how to do- "I solved by moving the SSD on the primary SATA port and the HDD on the second (DVD port) then i forced the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps by setting the appropriate jumper"?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2012-11-14 às 10.20.38.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-11-14 às 10.20.38.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Captura de Tela 2012-11-14 às 10.20.55.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-11-14 às 10.20.55.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back