Contribute
Register

Create a "Fusion Drive" on your CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the Ars article (which was using a mac mini not a BYO FUD) it works albeit the article points out that it is uncertain how the OS is picking files. When you read this in conjunction with the now famous Jolly posts, it does appear that it is working but I still am uncertain if it works well or "properly".

but even i use only ssd on primary SATA and notting on DVD port steel show 1.5 Gps. i have SSD in the primary SATA (show 1.5 Gps) and HDD in DVD port(show 3 Gps)
how to do- "I solved by moving the SSD on the primary SATA port and the HDD on the second (DVD port) then i forced the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps by setting the appropriate jumper"?

Yor MacBook use the same NVIDIA controller of my iMac. You must force the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps via jumper settings (not all HD have this option). Probably you need to replace the sata cable too, with one certified, many Apple's sata cable are defective.

Attachments

• Schermata 2012-11-14 alle 10.47.42.png
    Schermata 2012-11-14 alle 10.47.42.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 717
  • Schermata 2012-11-14 alle 10.48.25.png
    Schermata 2012-11-14 alle 10.48.25.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 830
Yor MacBook use the same NVIDIA controller of my iMac. You must force the HDD to negotiated 1.5Gps via jumper settings (not all HD have this option). Probably you need to replace the sata cable too, with one certified, many Apple's sata cable are defective.

thanks for help. but my 2,5" 1T hitachi sata III 5400 hpm not have jumper pins and i can't replace SATA cable! end even when i use only SSD steel showing 1,5 Gps on SSD. but is ok, now i dont have freezing end no spin ball.maybe if apple steel have macbook pro with HDD i will buy. and make fusion drive using this SSD.

thanks! and sorry for my english.

If you negotiating 1.5Gbs when only use the SSD attached to primary, certanly is your sata cable.
With an SSD that run at 1.5Gbs almost all benefits respect an HDD are fanified!

If you negotiating 1.5Gbs when only use the SSD attached to primary, certanly is your sata cable.
With an SSD that run at 1.5Gbs almost all benefits respect an HDD are fanified!

Yes! finally i did! i use OCZ USB Bootloader and i set SSD to run only on SATA II! now show 3GHz!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2012-11-15 às 23.02.11.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-11-15 às 23.02.11.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 293
I have 13" MacBook unibody late 2008, fusion drive OCZ 120 Agility 3 + 1T Hitachi 5400. But i not se recovery disk. Please i ned help for recovery disk!

The one have Real Mac and fusion drive. U guys have Recovery HD? When star Mac hold option key, look if have "Recovery HD". Please.

I get The message "The given UUID is a CoreStorage Physical Volume UUID; please specify a Core Storage Logical Volume UUID instead" when i'm trying to revert. Do i ned to change the boot priority of my disks in BiOS?

As a corollary to my Nov 12 comments, I'll be doing a practical setup of a FD with 2 RAID'd SSD's as the SSD end of things. Just built a new machine, after about a week of kext/HW shake down on running on a HDD, I'll bet trying the RAID/FD setup. In case anyone is still following that possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back