Motherboard
ASUS UX31LA (clover)
CPU
Core i5 4200u
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 4400, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, anyone knows how to create the Mojave installer from a working 10.6.8 installation? I press the get button on appstore to download Mojave but nothing happens and also it is grey. I tried the Mojave patcher app and it downloads the mojave files (6.03GB) but I get an error in unibeast when I try to create the USB installer. I tried also from the command line to create the installer and I get a " segmentation fault" error. So what is the problem, I can't understand. Did anyone face the same problem?

I have no other more recent osx available now, I sold all my macs so thats why I am fighting with iboot+10.6.8

The newest OS you can download from the MAS when running SL is El Capitan. Download that first, then make a Unibeast installer. Install El Cap and then go back to the MAS to download Mojave without using the patcher app.

I just did the upgrade to El Capitan now, but now I get an error from appstore says this version 10.14 cannot be installed on this computer. So I am trying now with the Mojave patcher to download the installation of Mojave, still downloading, I hope this will work :)

I get an error from appstore says this version 10.14 cannot be installed on this computer
Check that you are using the SMBIOS of a Mac that qualifies for the upgrade to Mojave.
Early installations defaulted to MacPro3,1 which does not meet the minimum specifications.

I just did the upgrade to El Capitan now, but now I get an error from appstore says this version 10.14 cannot be installed on this computer. So I am trying now with the Mojave patcher to download the installation of Mojave, still downloading, I hope this will work :)
You don't need the patcher. Just use a newer sysdef instead. Then it will allow the Mojave download.
It would also be wise for you to start a new thread in Mojave Laptop Support as this is supposed to be
for desktops only. EDIT: moved thread to SL Laptop Support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back