Crash in GenericUSBXHCI.kext at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170 M7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel > Need model name/number > See Forum Rules!
I can't figure out where to post issues with particular drivers. In my case, I like to report an issue where this USB driver stops with a fatal issue just because I have turned off XHCI support in my BIOS. That should not happen - it should just ignore this case.
So I wonder how I can reach the developer(s) to discuss this issue or maybe even supply a fix?

Actually, is this driver made by RehabMan? (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3)

Problem is that his bitbucket page has no issue tracker enabled. So I can't even report the issue there. And the link to a discussion forum is still in the "todo" state?

Oh, but the Version + Copyright info of the driver that's installed by MB into /Library/Extension says:

v1.2.11
Copyright 2012-2014 Zenith432

So either MB is not installing the latest driver or RehabMan has not updated this info. Both is not right.

Last edited:
Github? Why do you have the project on both github and bitbucket? Are they automatically linked? Is that a new feature of either site?

Anyway - please update or add the link to github on your bitbucket page. It' not obvious that you have the stuff also on github.
update: actually, it's listed further down. I overlooked that. Still, I find it a bit confusing this way. But I got it now.

If I figure out what's up with the panic I get, I'll post a pull request or maybe first have others test my version.

Thanks for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back