Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I have an audio problem where the audio crackles or stutters sometimes, and I can't have that, as I am a music producer. I haven't tried testing the ProBook's own audio jack for headphones, but it happens with HDMI-audio, which is enabled in config.plist. I have an app called Boom v2 that I use to equalize or boost my Hackintosh system volume, maybe that has bugs?

Someone let me know if they use Boom and have such issues or if it may be something else causing this, please.

Oh, and the crackling and or stuttering will stop temporarily if I re-select the HDMI for the audio output. And Skype calls seem to be affected the most.

Thanks,
Rapproducer714

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have an audio problem where the audio crackles or stutters sometimes, and I can't have that, as I am a music producer. I haven't tried testing the ProBook's own audio jack for headphones, but it happens with HDMI-audio, which is enabled in config.plist. I have an app called Boom v2 that I use to equalize or boost my Hackintosh system volume, maybe that has bugs?

Someone let me know if they use Boom and have such issues or if it may be something else causing this, please.

Oh, and the crackling and or stuttering will stop temporarily if I re-select the HDMI for the audio output. And Skype calls seem to be affected the most.

Thanks,
Rapproducer714

Try without Boom.

Okay. I'll also try with headphones, and not just HDMI. I would think HDMI audio could have it's own problems while the headphones port audio doesn't, and vice versa, but what do I know lol.

Will post back in some hours, or perhaps a day or two once I've had time to conduct all the test's.

Oh, and I just checked Audio MIDI Setup in Utilities, and it said all but HDMI audio was set to 44100.0 Hz sample rate at 2-ch 24bit integer, while HDMI audio was set to 48000.0 Hz at 2-ch 24bit integer, while BOOM is set to 44100.0 Hz at 2-ch 32bit integer.

I'm not sure if those sample settings can create syncing issues or something, but I know issues can arise in audio production software when you change sample settings, so I'd assume it applies in other environments.

UPDATE: I believe it's Boom causing this issue. When I turn it off I have no issues. Plus, I went to the Boom website and there's other complaints about Boom playing static. Thanks for the post, RehabMan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back