Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
Intel i5-9600K
Graphics
AMD Vega 56
Hi everyone,
after completing my first hackintosh today and fixing my GPU's (vega 56) fan problem, I realized that the GPU kept flashing the power indicators on the side. When moving the mouse, scrolling or doing anything on the screen, the power indicators flash and make a crackling sound, the PSU also makes a weird, almost singing / whining sound its really weird. Both of these problems dont occur on windows 10.

Here is a video of the sounds:

Untill 5 seconds you can hear the PSU sound in the background, and then the crackling of the GPU, the crackling sound was created simply by moving chrome around on the desktop. I have since turned the LED's off, this however fixed nothing.

Last edited:
That's coil whine. It's typical for Vega 56/64 cards, esp since you have your card running full out (all LEDs are on). If you lower the voltage, keeping it less than or equal to 1050mV, it's supposed to reduce this problem. See this very informative thread for details on this matter and others related to Vega cards. You can also Google on "Vega coil whine" to read even more about issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back