Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Q301LA
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Hello,

I recently installed 10.13 high sierra on my xps 13 9350 with an alc 256. I got sound working from the speaker on my laptop using the AppleALC method. However, whenever I plug in my headphones, there is a lot of crackling/distortion.

Please find attached my debug files. I would appreciate any assistance.

Attachments

• debug_15207.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
Hello,

I recently installed 10.13 high sierra on my xps 13 9350 with an alc 256. I got sound working from the speaker on my laptop using the AppleALC method. However, whenever I plug in my headphones, there is a lot of crackling/distortion.

Please find attached my debug files. I would appreciate any assistance.

ALC256 has special configuration for CodeCommander.
Look at *.dsl in my CodecCommander repo on github.

Added the ALC256 dsl file but the issue persists. Please find the updated debug folder.

Attachments

• debug_24896.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
Added the ALC256 dsl file but the issue persists. Please find the updated debug folder.

Clover does not read .dsl files. Must be compiled as AML.

Clover does not read .dsl files. Must be compiled as AML.
Sorry, missed that. Compiled and injected the aml but the headphone jack still does not work. However, now the crackling is gone and there is just a few random bits of sound.

Attachments

• debug_26343.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Sorry, missed that. Compiled and injected the aml but the headphone jack still does not work. However, now the crackling is gone and there is just a few random bits of sound.

Try using patched AppleHDA components (eg. AppleHDA injector) instead of AppleALC.

note...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back