Graphics
ASUS GTX 680 DCUII
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So here's what's going on. I use optical audio through my Astro A50 headset for everything but Skype (voice calls over optical just drives me crazy, so I use the USB audio). After about ten minutes of being in a Skype call and starting up a game of League, or whatever Steam game I'm playing at the time, the audio over the USB out starts crackling. It's a very weird sound, and very annoying. I wanted to see if the crackling was system wide and not just Skype, so I switched everything over to the USB audio output. Sure enough, it was happening everywhere there was sound being played. I don't know if this is a problem with the Astro Mixamp or the kext installation or anything.

Here's what I have on this machine:

Mavericks 10.9.2
Realtek ALC898
Astro A50 headset
If any other information is needed, let me know.

Any help is appreciated, I just want to get this problem figured out.

not sure but I'm having the same issue on an actual macbook, its either the amp or apple themselves? not sure atm, did you ever find a solution? thanks

I'm having this exact same issue. I see the post is from a few months back. Did you ever find a solution to this?

This has been an ongoing issue. I've experienced this since Mav. My quick solution is to change the sound output to the HDMI and then select back the Astro. But unfortunately, the symptoms come back within a few minutes.

Today I opened the Audio Midi Setup, Highlighted the Astro Wireless transmitter tab, Output, Configure Speakers and changed the setting from Stereo to 2.0 Surround.

Been using the headset for hours, in fact, this is the longest that i have used them without incurring Static Noise.

I'm currently on 10.12.1

Someone please confirm if this helped with the issue.

This is a super old thread at this point... But did anyone ever figure anything definitive out? I tried the MIDI solution above and that didn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back