Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Crackling audio under Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading @punkw800c 's comment I've disabled the serial (and parallel) ports on my Gigabyte Z270, and the issue is gone.

Thanks so much. Seems like it fixed my audio cracking problems under Catalina with my Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH.

I can concur, disabling the serial port on my Supermicro X9Dai fixed the audio outages on my Presonus Studio 68c (on USB2.0 and USB3.1) with a Sonnet Allegro USB-C PCIe Card on Catalina 10.15.3

Worked for me. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I'm updating macOS from Mavericks to Catalina on an older build, experiencing the same audio popping/crackling issues from the onboard Realtek audio. There isn't a single program or action that causes this to happen, sometimes it calms down after a couple seconds into the media playing. Rapidly sliding the volume bar will also cause crackling.

Catalina 10.15.6. Multibeast 12.3.
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H, 4700K, 16 GB RAM, GTX760

HDMI Audio, other USB audio devices work just fine. I haven't experienced other weird USB or I/O issues. I disabled the Serial port and integrated GPU in the BIOS (updated firmware), and removed all other peripheral cards except the GPU. I also disconnected the chassis front panel audio.

In Multibeast, I tried both AppleALC and VoodooHDA v2.9.1. I adjusted the audio format, and I've tried other kext additions listed in other threads, but the popping still persists. Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

I'm super new at this... just built my first hack, and have a successful install of Catalina on my build.
i7 9700k
5700xt GPU
z390 UD mobo

Everything was working great, and my audio was clean until I started installing the GC alpine-ridge. Since then, I've had static through my headphones, and crackle with the sound as it plays through HDMI. I did a complete re-install of the OS and took out the GC alpine-ridge as well... with no luck. Wondering if any of you guys have any thoughts or fixes for this?

I've attached my EFI folder (supplied to me by another amazing user on this site).

Attachments

• EFI 5.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back