Sparkle GeForce GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am attempting install of Mavericks on a laptop I've had lying around CQ62-410US.

Specs from HP

Specs from CNET

When I run the Installer from USB, ethernet, trackpad, and keyboard work fine.

After I reboot, still from USB only choosing Mavericks this time, to finalize OS X setup ethernet, trackpad, and keyboard still work.

Once setup is finished, I run multibeast per the instructions. I choose PS2 kexts as part of the install. I end up getting errors like "The kernel extension cannot be used: The kernel extension /System/Library/Extension/VoodooPS2Controller.kext wasn't installed properly and cannot be used."

I also get the same error, but with all variations of the PS2 kexts:
/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

I may have called some of those kexts the wrong thing. Going off memory.:think:

I'm trying to understand why the PS2 kexts won't take. Can't figure why I'm getting the error.

FYI: I am using the latest downloads. Multibeast Mavericks 6.3.0 and Unibeast 3.0.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

I am attempting install of Mavericks on a laptop I've had lying around CQ62-410US.

Specs from HP

Specs from CNET

When I run the Installer from USB, ethernet, trackpad, and keyboard work fine.

After I reboot, still from USB only choosing Mavericks this time, to finalize OS X setup ethernet, trackpad, and keyboard still work.

Once setup is finished, I run multibeast per the instructions. I choose PS2 kexts as part of the install. I end up getting errors like "The kernel extension cannot be used: The kernel extension /System/Library/Extension/VoodooPS2Controller.kext wasn't installed properly and cannot be used."

I also get the same error, but with all variations of the PS2 kexts:
/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

I may have called some of those kexts the wrong thing. Going off memory.:think:

I'm trying to understand why the PS2 kexts won't take. Can't figure why I'm getting the error.

FYI: I am using the latest downloads. Multibeast Mavericks 6.3.0 and Unibeast 3.0.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Install PS2 kexts from here (for Synaptics): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Maybe Multibeast has a permissions issue with the way kexts are being installed. It would not be the first time... You could try repair permissions & rebuild cache... Although I have to admit I just ran Multibeast to install VoodooPS2 kexts (the description in Multibeast is inaccurate) and then verified permissions after and it was fine (my desktop does not have PS2 though)....

Thanks for your quick response. I was Googling this issue and found your linked page right about the time you responded. After fresh install, but before using multibeast, I used Kext Wizard to install your most recent PS2 kext. Next I used multibeast without clicking the PS2 option. Then used Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache. Finally I rebooted directly from HDD (without Unibeast USB).

Worked Great!

Thanks!

Now on to the LAN, then Audio next....:p

Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back