Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> CPUs requiring discrete graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi guys.

Has anyone used a CPU requiring discrete graphics for a hack? I’m on my second hackintosh and I’ve currently tried using an i5-9600KF. I used an old GPU just to see if it was possible and the install succeeded (quite smoothly to my surprise). But now I’ve installed an XFX RX560 and all hell has broken loose and won’t reboot. I do believe it’s a GPU problem, as when I install the old card it boots up straight away.

I’m attempting now to do a fresh install but now the installer won’t boot and gets stuck on Apple logo/progress bar. I’ll probably get my head around it eventually but just seeing if anyone has ever used this type of CPU or done this type of build and how they found it/any problems incurred.

Spec is:
I5-9600KF
Gigabyte AORUS Z390 ELITE
16GB 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance
CX500 1TB SSD
XFX RX 560

Thanks for reading!

XFX RX560's have an incomaptible bios. The 570 and 580's work though.

XFX RX560's have an incomaptible bios. The 570 and 580's work though.

Thanks very much for this. I had a feeling as I’d tried a RX550 and had the same issue. Have ordered a 570 hopefully resolves the issue.

Thanks very much for this. I had a feeling as I’d tried a RX550 and had the same issue. Have ordered a 570 hopefully resolves the issue.

You could flash the XFX RX560 bios with say a sapphire RX560 or an Asus RX560 bios and then it should work.

Will give this a go as well thank you

Hi guys.

Has anyone used a CPU requiring discrete graphics for a hack? I’m on my second hackintosh and I’ve currently tried using an i5-9600KF. I used an old GPU just to see if it was possible and the install succeeded (quite smoothly to my surprise). But now I’ve installed an XFX RX560 and all hell has broken loose and won’t reboot. I do believe it’s a GPU problem, as when I install the old card it boots up straight away.

I’m attempting now to do a fresh install but now the installer won’t boot and gets stuck on Apple logo/progress bar. I’ll probably get my head around it eventually but just seeing if anyone has ever used this type of CPU or done this type of build and how they found it/any problems incurred.

Spec is:
I5-9600KF
Gigabyte AORUS Z390 ELITE
16GB 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance
CX500 1TB SSD
XFX RX 560

Thanks for reading!

I am using a i7 9700KF for my own system and it works with Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave with a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse.

Your problem is with the XFX card, as others already stated.

Thanks for all your replies and help folks. Really got me out of a pickle as you were correct. I ended up buying a new GPU and am now running a Sapphire Pulse RX 570 and have done a fresh install; so far so good all is running absolutely fine. So thanks very much for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back