HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody,

At first I apologize for my bad english, cause it's not my native language.

So the thing is that recently I decided to build a Hackintosh, after 8 years being with windows I thought that I need to change something with my pc cause I get sick with windows bugs/errors/blue screens and so on.
In fact i sold my old AMD pc components and bought some new. What i bought is:

MSI H81I (mini itx) motherboard
Silverstone SG13-Q (mini itx) case

And from old pc i have left some old parts:

Seagate barracuda 3000gb Hard drive
Transcend SSD370 128gb ssd drive
Deep Cool 500W modular psu
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz cl9 ram.
Some 120mm fans

My questions are these:

1. Is all components will be suitable for OSx yosemite?
2. What CPU should i choose on my build? i5-4460 or Xeon e3-1220V3 ?

Mine hackintosh would be used mainly for browsing net, using photoshop, a lightly video editing.

So if someone can help me it would be very cool. Or maybe you have some other CPU suggestions for me?

And again, sorry for bad english.

The I5-4460 would be a good match for the H81I. To make it work you'll want to
be on the latest A.6 bios and also check if your ram is on their supported memory
list. http://us.msi.com/support/mb/H81I.html#support-mem if not buy an 8GB kit
that is. Your PSU also needs to be Haswell compatible so check into that too. You
should be able to use your HDD and SSD with no problems. If you don't have a Mac
or Customac to create a Unibeast USB then purchase a Snow Leopard DVD and follow
this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/158668-success-msi-h81i-mobo-i3-4330-cpu.html
to install Snow Leopard, update to 10.6.8 to get Mac App Store access for the Yosemite download.

Good luck on your new build !

Thanks for your reply.

Well in their ram support list they are saying that Corsair Vengeance will only work if that is 8gb stick and cl10, but i dont think that 2x4gb cl10 version wont work. It might just drop the cl to 10 and work as 2x4gb cl10 ram i think. The thing is to choose 4460 or xeon 1220v3, i heard that xeon's are better for video editing/ photoshoping, but worse at gaming. In fact, i am not gaming at all.

Thanks for your reply.

Well in their ram support list they are saying that Corsair Vengeance will only work if that is 8gb stick and cl10, but i dont think that 2x4gb cl10 version wont work. It might just drop the cl to 10 and work as 2x4gb cl10 ram i think. The thing is to choose 4460 or xeon 1220v3, i heard that xeon's are better for video editing/ photoshoping, but worse at gaming. In fact, i am not gaming at all.

You need the 4460 for the HD4600 integrated graphics since you don't have
a discrete card for that. Just give the Corsair ram kit a try and see if it works.
Should be no problem.

Ok, i will order 4460 then and try to make these things to work together :D If i will have any other problem i will ask here again. Thanks for your advice! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back