Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 PRO Gaming
CPU
i7 9700
Graphics
MSI Vega 56
Hi everyone,

I have a fully working Catalina build, did a clean install after getting Clover setup properly. Running iStats menus and I get no CPU sensor info other than load. I am mainly looking for CPU temp but other sensors like fan speeds would be nice too.

Anyone have any ideas? I thought FakeSMC took care of this.

MB ASUS TUF Z390 Pro
CPU Intel i7 9700 K
GPU MSI Vega 56

Clover 5070
Kexts in EFI/Clover/Other
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet
  • FakeSMC
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • Lilu
  • RealtekRT8111
  • WhateverGreen

Fake.png

You have not installed the sensor kexts.

Thanks this worked for me.

I'm still a bit of a N00b and trying to learn the manual way for things. In the GitHub link you sent, am I correct to assume that I would be downloading the source code there and need to run the make file to compile into actual kext files?
Also is there a way to use Clover Configurator to install these? I did not see the FakeSMC Plugins in Clover Configurator. Again, I have been trying to learn the more manual way of things to best understand the OS and process here. Clover Configurator seems to make the most sense for me.
I'm guessing to use Clover Configurator for this I would need to download the source for the FakeSMC Plugins from the GitHub, run the make file then use the Kext installer manual (drag/drop) function?

Thanks,
GTI

am I correct to assume that I would be downloading the source code there

You can download the source or you can download precompiled binaries, the choice is yours to make.

Link.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back