Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I swapped out my i3 processor for an i5 2500k. After the swap it failed to boot the first time. Then it succeded the second time. Now it won't boot. i've tried several more times. It fails towards the end of the apple boot. It will boot off of a Yosemte installer usb and also off of an Ubuntu usb. It's clearly not a hardware problem. It will not boot off of the clover/el cap installer usb. So it seems to be a conflict between Clover/El Cap and the hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 116
Now I've unplugged the hard drive with the El Capitan installation. I'm booting off of another drive with an installation of Yosemite and everything is working fine. Maybe there is some bios setting that I'm missing/don't know about that won't let my quad core i5 processor work with Clover/El Capitan. It certainly was working just fine before I swapped processors.

you have SSDT installed in your EC?

simple lazy fix! Start multibeast.

Select i5 ssdt in customisation only.

Make folder /extra at root on your Yosemite installation.

You might well have one there already.

Run multibeast. Grab ssdt from /extra and copy to

EFI. Clover / acpi / patched where you dsdt
Should also be?

Select drop oem dsm in clover config.

That's roughly what's needed I think? I've possibly muddled the odd name / path.

Search ssdt on here and do some reading :)

I swapped out my i3 processor for an i5 2500k. After the swap it failed to boot the first time. Then it succeded the second time. Now it won't boot. i've tried several more times. It fails towards the end of the apple boot. It will boot off of a Yosemte installer usb and also off of an Ubuntu usb. It's clearly not a hardware problem. It will not boot off of the clover/el cap installer usb. So it seems to be a conflict between Clover/El Cap and the hardware.

You need to generate a SSDT for your CPU Core i5 2500k requires a SSDT. Follow this guide. Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management .

although now i'm re-reading your 1st post. are you saying you can't even get clover/EC usb installer to boot? (i.e., you haven't even started actually installing EC)?

Problem solved! I really need to be dope-slappped. The answer was right there in multi beast under:

MultiBeast → Customize → SSDT Options

I ran MultiBeast from my Yosemite installation, targeting the other drive where my El Capitan installation is, ticked off the appropriate check boxes, restarted, selected that drive to boot from and BINGO! It started right up and ran pretty normally. I'm hoping HD 3000 graphics will run a little better than it was before I upgraded the processor, but I think that's a problem related to Clover.

Thanks for all the helpful posts. You all got me pointed in the right direction by alerting me to the SSDT issue. I'm pretty low on computer knowledge but I've been able to deal with everything that I need to keep my custom Mac running these last four years. And I am certainly glad to be part of the custom Mac community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back