Contribute
Register

CPU stuck at 1.2GHz after CPU upgrade

Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
54
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
E5-1680 v2
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I had speedstep working perfectly using a 3960X 6-core. I had to use a third party dsdt with processor 1-16 included and all the rest deleted to allow the boot with the 8-core E5 1680 v2. Otherwise I got the
Kernel Panic "should have 16 threads but only found 17"


When I boot in, I see all the states using ssdtPRGen as well as using AppleIntelInfo.kext However Intel power gadget gives me only the 1.2 GHz state.

I'm not sure which one to believe. I have attached all the relevant files - running Sierra 10.12.6
 

Attachments

  • AppleIntelInfo.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ssdtPRGen.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 13
  • AML.zip
    7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.27.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.27.12 AM.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSDT.aml
    34.1 KB · Views: 10
  • RzItcVb.jpg
    RzItcVb.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 12
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
54
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
E5-1680 v2
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
X79PlatformPlugin.kext is not loaded. - not sure why. Also, I tried after disabling EIST in BIOS - its still stuck at 1.2 GHz.
 

Attachments

  • config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.39.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.39.14 AM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
54
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
E5-1680 v2
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Deleted all these entries and no luck - still at 1.2GHz. I've attached the bdmesg log - it seems Clover does recognize the speeds correctly. Something happens when the system starts
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.03.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.03.00 AM.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
  • bdmesg.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Gigamaxx

Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2016
Messages
6,070
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Deleted all these entries and no luck - still at 1.2GHz. I've attached the bdmesg log - it seems Clover does recognize the speeds correctly. Something happens when the system starts
test this one
 

Attachments

  • config.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 5
Top