CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630/GTX 1050, 1080p
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just fresh installed and am getting settled in. Everything functional so far just worrying about CPU Power Management. I followed the guide listed below. Although, from the terminal window I attached I do not see many power states. I though the CPU P-States should go in sequential order and not jump from 8-34? After generating SSDT.aml and installing into the EFI partition do I need to change my config.plist? I attached my EFI/config.plist/ACPI window below as well.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

yDTnSUK.png

ON0xCU2.png

Just fresh installed and am getting settled in. Everything functional so far just worrying about CPU Power Management. I followed the guide listed below. Although, from the terminal window I attached I do not see many power states. I though the CPU P-States should go in sequential order and not jump from 8-34? After generating SSDT.aml and installing into the EFI partition do I need to change my config.plist? I attached my EFI/config.plist/ACPI window below as well.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

yDTnSUK.png

ON0xCU2.png

That is to be expected. Remember P States are limited to BIOS settings. Recommend adding KernelPM/True to config.

That is to be expected. Remember P States are limited to BIOS settings. Recommend adding KernelPM/True to config.
KernelPm is already set to true in my config and has been (I assume automatically).

To verify, this is the maximum amount of P-states I can have? Are there BIOS adjustments I can make to increase these?

KernelPm is already set to true in my config and has been (I assume automatically).

To verify, this is the maximum amount of P-states I can have? Are there BIOS adjustments I can make to increase these?

Correct. You can disable and enable P states in the BIOS. But not sure on why your worried? It looks fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back