GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 (FB)
CPU
intel i7 3.2
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there,

I couldn't find anything related to my problem. I have 10.12.2 on a X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 (FB) mobo pc. All of a sudden, my daw, in this case Ableton live, overloads due to the heavy plugins when they are loaded and thus, cannot process sound as it previously would.

However, if I boot from the USB (the one created with Unibeast for Sierra) everything is fine and dandy. That is without the machine being able to detect all the ram too (12 out of 16gb). Runs fine tough. Which means it should affect cpu efficiency in other software as well. Haven't tested that with video software.

Config.plists almost match. Only difference is the broader system definition in the configuration of the hard drive's EFI and the manual addition of memory modules in SMBIOS.

This happened overnight. I updated the os after the problem occured. No change whatsoever. Would you know what might be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Well, that says a lot. First benchmark (geekbench) is with internal EFI config.plist. 2nd is with Unibeast created USB config.plist. Thoughts?

Ftwn6Tu.png

WyKfjlc.png

Happy to report everything is back to normal. All I had to do is put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into the "Other" folder in kexts folder in internal EFI. "Other" since there's no dedicated 10.12 folder but works fine as with other kexts. In essence, my problem was unsolvable at first because I used clover for the first time and didn't know how to handle it.

BUT, the mystery still remains since this happened without me changing anything in the first place and secondly, booting with the USB which has no other flag or the aforementioned kext in it, works fine as well. Happy holidays everyone.

Feel free to delete the thread if you find it non-helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back