Contribute
Register

CPU OVERHEATING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Firstly I don't understand the CPU - is it a 6600k Skylake 3.50GHz chip?

It shouldn't run hot if it's running at only 3.19GHz. (In your OP you call it a 5500 3.19GHz).

I wonder if this is a HWMonitor problem. Is it reporting correctly ...?

You could try running macOS, wait for these big temperatures, then quickly reboot and check the PC's health in your BIOS. That should be more accurate - both frequency and temperature.

So far not much makes sense...

o_O
Hi, I got news, hwmonitor was reporting incorrectly, because with intel power gadget, the frequency is completely normal, but, the temperature still high. When I turn up the pc in the morning after at least 12 hrs of non use, the minimum is in 70 degrees.

Hi, I got news, hwmonitor was reporting incorrectly, because with intel power gadget, the frequency is completely normal, but, the temperature still high. When I turn up the pc in the morning after at least 12 hrs of non use, the minimum is in 70 degrees.

Well that's good news :thumbup: - now you just need to figure out why the temperatures are so high if they are okay in Windows ...

Mount your EFI partition and navigate to the config.plist file in your EFI/CLOVER folder.

1) Open it using Clover Configurator.

2) Go to the Acpi tab on the left. When that is open go to the bottom-right of the panel and check if "PlugInType" is ticked in the SSDT section?

3) If it wasn't ticked, tick it, save and reboot. Then see how the temperatures are.

Report back etc

:)

Well that's good news :thumbup: - now you just need to figure out why the temperatures are so high if they are okay in Windows ...

Mount your EFI partition and navigate to the config.plist file in your EFI/CLOVER folder.

1) Open it using Clover Configurator.

2) Go to the Acpi tab on the left. When that is open go to the bottom-right of the panel and check if "PlugInType" is ticked in the SSDT section?

3) If it wasn't ticked, tick it, save and reboot. Then see how the temperatures are.

Report back etc

In plugin type appears 2 options, 1 or 2. Wich i would use?

In plugin type appears 2 options, 1 or 2. Wich i would use?

Here: -

PlugIn.jpg

:thumbup:

Ohhh, yes, is ticked with APLF and APSN. So I should keep the value of plugin type without value?

The screenshot is from my own config.plist, so I would try by first leaving everything else in that panel empty.

Did this end up working for you guys? I have the same problem, PluginType is already selected in Acpi but I'm regularly hitting 95+ºC for playing back one track of HD video. Anything else I can try to isolate the problem?

Attachments

• backup.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back