Gigabyte Sniper G1 B7
CPU
i5-6500K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
I'm new in this thing about Hackintosh, so, my cpu is overheating all the time, I mean between 70 and 100 degrees (Celusius), and always run in high frequencies. What I have to do to fix this?
Board: sniper g7 b1
Ram: 16 ddr4
Cpu: i5 5500k 3,19 ghz
Gpu: Nvidia 960 turbo 4GB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 7.14.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 7.14.10 PM.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 811
I'm new in this thing about Hackintosh, so, my cpu is overheating all the time, I mean between 70 and 100 degrees (Celusius), and always run in high frequencies. What I have to do to fix this?
Board: sniper g7 b1
Ram: 16 ddr4
Cpu: i5 5500k 3,19 ghz
Gpu: Nvidia 960 turbo 4GB

i5 5500K? There is no such CPU. Is your CPU the i5 6600K?

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

i5 5500K? There is no such CPU. Is your CPU the i5 6600K?

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.
Sorry my bad, ready the changes in my profile. thx

My cpu always is hot, between 70 and 100 degrees (Celsius) and run in high frequencies. What i have to do? I don't want to damage my pc. Pleaaaseee.
PD: I'm new in this thing about Hackintosh.

My cpu always is hot, between 70 and 100 degrees (Celsius) and run in high frequencies. What i have to do? I don't want to damage my pc. Pleaaaseee.
PD: I'm new in this thing about Hackintosh.

Are you certain you have installed your CPU cooler properly? Perhaps you should open your case and check that first?

Are you certain you have installed your CPU cooler properly? Perhaps you should open your case and check that first?
Yes, because, before when I had windows, it didn't happen

Hi there,

Firstly I don't understand the CPU - is it a 6600k Skylake 3.50GHz chip?

It shouldn't run hot if it's running at only 3.19GHz. (In your OP you call it a 5500 3.19GHz).

I wonder if this is a HWMonitor problem. Is it reporting correctly ...?

You could try running macOS, wait for these big temperatures, then quickly reboot and check the PC's health in your BIOS. That should be more accurate - both frequency and temperature.

So far not much makes sense...

o_O

CPU wattage and voltage use does not correspond with your listed temperatures on HWMonitor. Think HWMonitor is reporting incorrectly.

Download and check the results with Intel power Gadget. If it is very different, then it is HWMonitor issue.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20

Sorting out Power Management will allow your computer to perform more like a real Mac.

Hi there,

Firstly I don't understand the CPU - is it a 6600k Skylake 3.50GHz chip?

It shouldn't run hot if it's running at only 3.19GHz. (In your OP you call it a 5500 3.19GHz).

I wonder if this is a HWMonitor problem. Is it reporting correctly ...?

You could try running macOS, wait for these big temperatures, then quickly reboot and check the PC's health in your BIOS. That should be more accurate - both frequency and temperature.

So far not much makes sense...

o_O
I will try, thanks. I will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back