GTX 760, Nvidia 9400m , HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yesterday My computer was running fine and the cpu idle temperatures were around 36˚C - 39˚C, but today I came home and my cpu is now literally overheating. Now Idle temp's are around 76˚C to 80˚C. I tried cleaning the fans and filters and under clocking my cpu, but nothing seems to be helping to lower the temperature. Any ideas would be much appreciated as this is my main computer that I use on a day to day basis. I have been using this computer for almost 1.5 years now and haven't had any troubles till now.

Edit : I opened up my computer to check, the CPU block is hot and when powered the fans go to full speed, but the air being blown out isn't warm.

Specs :
i5-4670k
8GB RAM
GA-Z87M-D3H
GTX 760

Cooler : Corsair H60

Are your fans running full RPM? Humm I see that you mentioned that.

I would suspect the water cooler is not circulating water.

You could pull it off and stick on another... maybe even the original Intel heat sink and fan.

Good modding,
neil

Are your fans running full RPM? Humm I see that you mentioned that.

I would suspect the water cooler is not circulating water.

You could pull it off and stick on another... maybe even the original Intel heat sink and fan.

Good modding,
neil

I decided to let the computer cool down for some time, so I turned it off for 2 hours and now the temperatures have stabilized to around the 40˚C to 45˚C Range . I suspect it has something to do with the pump. I will probably replace the cooler eventually when I have time though to atleast the stock intel cooler.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back