Contribute
Register

CPU Overheating. Fans not working properly? + General Post Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, as you aren’t changing or removing any kexts from the system folders.

Okay I didn't do that step. Is there any reason why my boot to Mojave option is gone now?

Sorry, I should have instructed you to re-install Clover on your macOS drive before replacing the Clover folder, as you were using an older version on your main drive, compared to the USB.

You would need to follow the steps shown in the earlier post, but make sure you selected your main macOS drive and not the USB. Everything else would be the same, i.e. select the top two customisation entries in the list, leave the other customisation options alone. Then when the installation has completed replace the CLOVER folder on the main macOS drives EFI Partition, which would be mounted on your desktop, with the CLOVER 3 folder.

No idea, other than a clash with the old Clover version, as to why you wouldn't see your Mojave drives icon on the Clover boot screen. I only made the three changes to the config.plist as stated above.

Oh duh. That makes a lot of sense. All I did was replace the CLOVER folder on my main drive with CLOVER 3. I didn't install the new version of clover or anything. I'll give that a try and see what happens. I'm sure it will work. Thanks.

Update:
I installed the version of clover you provided in the earlier posts, replaced the CLOVER on my main macOS drive with CLOVER 3, everything boots fine and works as expected. All my boot options are there too. Seems to have worked as expected. I'll use my system for a few days and come back with any questions if need be.

Last edited:
This isn't urgent by any means but HWMonitor isn't showing any other information than Drive Temperatures and SSD Remaining Life. I found an old thread here that offers up a solution but I'm not sure if it'd be relevant to my case. Just seems HWMonitor is unable to read CPU, Fan and GPU information like it did before.

This is due to the fact I didn't include any of the FakeSMC Sensor kexts in the new /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

The sensor kexts aren't needed when refreshing a system. You can add them to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, the sensor kexts matching the FakeSMC.kext in your folder are attached.

Attachments

• FakeSMC sensor kexts.zip
    115.9 KB · Views: 38
Hmm alright I added the Kexts but it still didn't seem to work. I'm not getting any readings on HWM still. This action is as simple as mounting the EFI and just copying the kexts you provided to the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder? or is there any cache refreshing or editing of the config.plist I need to do as well?

That should be all that is required. Simple copy and paste or drag and drop to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. Reboot and the kexts should be injected by Clover along with the other kexts.

The HWMonitor app not matching with the FakeSMC and sensor kexts version, is the only thing I can think could result in no data showing.

Hey Edhawk. Hope all is well. I still can't seem to get HWMonitor to show my CPU temps. Perhaps I need to update to a later version? I'm using 6.26. I can't for the life of me find where I originally downloaded HWMonitor in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back