Contribute
Register

CPU Overheating. Fans not working properly? + General Post Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes another debug folder would be fine, as it contains most if not all the info I need to see.

Generate the debug folder, compress it and post it here.

For future reference if you are asked to provide a copy of your IOReg make sure you follow the instructions and use the version of IORegistryExplorer linked in this guide by Toleda - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Some other newer versions can corrupt the saved file and make them unreadable.

Okay so booted to Mojave via the UEFI on the USB and when I tried to generate a new debug folder I got an error saying my ACPI hadn't been dumped in over a day.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 12.44.07 PM.png

So a rebooted back to the Clover launcher via the USB, pressed F2 and F4 then tried to relaunch Mojave which resulted in this panic.

IMG_6302.jpeg

I then booted to my original Clover launcher via my SSD not the USB, dumped the ACPI using F2 and F4. Then I able to successfully launch Mojave via the USB again with no panic and was able to generate the debug file I attached below. Not sure if this was the right thing to do but I was unable to generate a debug when launching Mojave via the USB otherwise. I haven't had that panic again since doing so.

Attachments

• 20966.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That sounds messy, but at least you have gotten around the issue.

OK, depending on what I see in the Debug files we may be at or close to the point where you can replace the CLOVER folder on your macOS drive with the one on your USB.

I will get back to you with any information requiring action once I have reviewed these files.

The Bootlog looks really good. One minor stall for around 2.5 seconds and it still completes within 5 seconds.

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 19.03.10.png

The BootVariable of the Entry is Empty line is where the system is delayed. Not sure what it BootVariable is but would think it is something to do with the GUI, given its just after the GUI Ready line. To be honest this is not something to worry about.

There are two ACPI rename patches that I added to the config.plist that can be removed, as they do nothing.

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 18.55.53.png

Change PPMC to PRMC and Fix 300-Series RTC Bug. Again very minor and can be left in the config without causing any issues.

You have an Intel WiFi AC 9560 card installed in the system. Do you currently or have any plans to use it in macOS?

It won't work like a native Apple compatible Broadcom WiFi card. But it can be used in macOS with some new kexts and apps. But that is for another day. To be honest it would be easier and better if you replace the Intel card with a compatible Broadcom card, so you have access to all the Apple features including SideCar, Handoff, Continuity and AirDrop.

The kextcache_log looks even better, as it is empty!

The Kernel_log:
This shows an issue with the version of Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext. Saying it is out of date and failed to load, with errors related to this kext repeating thought the log. So it may be worth updating this to one of Acidanthera's USBInjectAll.kext releases.

There are a couple of ACPI errors after FakeSMC.kext is loaded. These may be removed if we replace FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext and the associated drivers etc. There are more errors related to FakeSMC.kext later in the log.

We seem to be entering the PR00 argument a number of times, so a repeated initialisation error is called in the log. We can probably remove this by either removing the SSDT-Plug.aml or the PlugingType=true config entry.

The CLOVER folder is the one from your macOS drive, not the USB so it bears no resemblance to the features shown in the Bootlog.txt.

I have attended to the minor edits explained above in the attached CLOVER 3.zip. I think this Clover folder is ready for general use on your system. Give it a try and lets see what difference it makes to your bootlog when you are booting from your macOS drive.

Attachments

• CLOVER 3.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
I don't plan to use Wifi on macOs necessarily but those extra Apple features do sound nice. Especially Airdrop. I may eventually swap out the cards but right now it's not an issue.

I booted and generated a debug log for both the USB and my macOS drive and have attached both logs, named respectively.

The CLOVER folder is the one from your macOS drive, not the USB so it bears no resemblance to the features shown in the Bootlog.txt.
I was just a little bit lost on what you meant by this so I generated logs for both boot options just to be safe though it probably wasn't necessary.

There are a couple of ACPI errors after FakeSMC.kext is loaded. These may be removed if we replace FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext and the associated drivers etc. There are more errors related to FakeSMC.kext later in the log.
So with this, did you make those changes yourself in the latest clover folder you sent me? or is this something I should seek out and change myself at a later date?

Attachments

• 6730_SSD Boot.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 21384_USB Boot.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 48
I made the changes in the CLOVER 3 folder I attached in Post #34.

Thanks for the two debug folders but I am not going to investigate them right now, depending on how your system works with the CLOVER 3 folder I may not review them at all. I may not need to.

Try the CLOVER 3 folder on the USB. If it works as expected you can then mount the EFI Partition on your main macOS drive and use this on your main drive. So you don't need to keep booting from the USB.

Let me know how you get on. You may need to play with the system to get a feel for how it is behaving.

CLOVER 3 boots on the USB as expected. How would I go about mounting the EFI partition on my main macOS drive? Would I do the same process in post #10 using Hackintool that I did to mount the EFI to the USB but just to my main drive?

I'll play around with my system for a couple of days and return if I have any dire questions.

Yes, exactly the same process as described in post #10. But select your main macOS drive in place of your USB.

Hopefully you won't have any dire questions. Questions yes.

Best of luck.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in to get me to this point. It means a lot. I feel like a know a lot more now than I did before and I'm excited to learn more.

Alright I've already run into an issue. I mounted the EFI to my main MacOS drive, replaced the older CLOVER with CLOVER 3 then rebooted the system. I booted Clover from my main drive but when I get to the Clover launcher, booting to Mojave is no longer an option, only booting to Windows is. I can boot to Mojave via the USB no problem.

Hackintool > Utilities Tab - Rebuild Kext Cache and repair Permissions icon, highlighted in red rectangle.
Was I supposed to also rebuild the Kext Cache like in psot #10 before I rebooted my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back