ATI Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

For the past few months, my Hackintosh has been running very sluggishly. Today, I think I found the root of that issue, as I stumbled upon my "About This Mac" reporting that my processor only runs at 1.2 GHz, rather than the full 3.3GHz. I'm not sure what's causing the throttled CPU speed, but I've noticed that the reported speed does vary slightly every time I reboot. I don't think I noticed the sluggishness until I updated to 10.9.5. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? It's a major setback and sorting it out is a must. :problem:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Tyler Falk

Hello,

For the past few months, my Hackintosh has been running very sluggishly. Today, I think I found the root of that issue, as I stumbled upon my "About This Mac" reporting that my processor only runs at 1.2 GHz, rather than the full 3.3GHz. I'm not sure what's causing the throttled CPU speed, but I've noticed that the reported speed does vary slightly every time I reboot. I don't think I noticed the sluggishness until I updated to 10.9.5. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? It's a major setback and sorting it out is a must. :problem:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Tyler Falk

Which version of OS X are you running now ?
Which boot loader are you using ?
Does your CPU show the correct speed in your BIOS setup page ?
Are you using the cpus=1 boot argument (or similar) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back