Graphics
550m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I purchased my system from the buyers guide - hoping to have a decently easy install.

Intel i7 4790
16GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 750ti
MSI z97 gamer 5

I was unable to boot the install at all - bootloop right after apple logo.
Patched the bios using UEFI Patch

Now the install hangs at CPU unrecognized - stalls completely

I've tried patching the bios using PMPatch, using clover, etc.
Cannot boot using any flags - safe mode doesn't even work.
I've tried with and without my GPU - nothing

Would appreciate any ideas or solutions to my issue.

Before thinking about new board,i suggest that you reread on what ever method you are using.
Personaly, i had msi z97 gaming7 and i almost get anotherboard due to kernel panic with no solution. Untili read somewhere that my board, like many newer ones, dont need the bios patch, which was what i did before.
So i flash it back to latest bios from msi and follow the clover guide posted here for yosemite with flags v and x. Without x,i cant get to the install screen

Before thinking about new board,i suggest that you reread on what ever method you are using.
Personaly, i had msi z97 gaming7 and i almost get anotherboard due to kernel panic with no solution. Untili read somewhere that my board, like many newer ones, dont need the bios patch, which was what i did before.
So i flash it back to latest bios from msi and follow the clover guide posted here for yosemite with flags v and x. Without x,i cant get to the install screen

I can't get clover to boot anything... it simply flashes my screen and reboots.
I'll try your suggestions and report back.
Getting stock updated bios from msi website.

Was this with intel hd?

or different video card?

I used GTX 460.
Also remember to disable vt-d and CFG in BIOS and boot in safe mode -x
Edit: I forgot this essential one: GraphicsEnabler=Yes (all are case sensitive). Once you got into the installation screen for the 1st time, just follow the process until restart for first time. You follow the Clover Guide for Yosemite and restart, but this time skip the -x flag or it might have issue with driver.

Clover using its config.plist to determine the best way to boot your system. If you are working with more than 8 GB memory and have both the outboard graphics plus a dedicated graphics card, you need to do two specific changes to make your system boot.

1. Make sure that kext-dev-mode=1 is in your config.plist
2. Upon boot add the boot option of -no-zp (no space between commands)

That should get you into Yosemite's installer. Once you install, and reboot using the same above config, make sure you use Clover Configurator to get the Smbios into the right config based upon your machine. iMac 14,2 would probably be the closest.

Make sure your using a uniquely generated serial no.

Regards,

Clover using its config.plist to determine the best way to boot your system. If you are working with more than 8 GB memory and have both the outboard graphics plus a dedicated graphics card, you need to do two specific changes to make your system boot.

1. Make sure that kext-dev-mode=1 is in your config.plist
2. Upon boot add the boot option of -no-zp (no space between commands)

That should get you into Yosemite's installer. Once you install, and reboot using the same above config, make sure you use Clover Configurator to get the Smbios into the right config based upon your machine. iMac 14,2 would probably be the closest.

Make sure your using a uniquely generated serial no.

Regards,

Thank you for the help here... I'm currently at work but I'll give this a go later on tonight.

I haven't seen anything about kext-dev-mode=1 in my config.plist
I'll have to take a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back