Contribute
Register

CPU Multiplier OC Not working after Clover update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Clever People

Hope you can help
System is X79 4930k Clover 4586, 4,2ghz OC
Windows works, Bios says 4,2ghz

On my current boot disk, everything is working, HWMonitor sees a 4,2 OC
HS & Mojave 10.14.3 are fine.

Copied & Updated Clover/EFI on a new drive to get 10.14.4 working and OC is not working 3,4ghz is max!!

If I install clover on a new drive, OC does not work 3,4ghz is the highest clock.
Even If I clone/copy the EFI Folder from the working drive I get the same issues?? Even with Clover 4586?
Dose not make any sense, HS or Mojave same issues

Its like something is special on my current boot ssd but I am afraid to update that clover incase I loose my OC,
I edit videos so I have tested and benchmarked the systems and performance is affected.

Have no idea,, Help!

Hi Clever People

Hope you can help
System is X79 4930k Clover 4586, 4,2ghz OC
Windows works, Bios says 4,2ghz

On my current boot disk, everything is working, HWMonitor sees a 4,2 OC
HS & Mojave 10.14.3 are fine.

Copied & Updated Clover/EFI on a new drive to get 10.14.4 working and OC is not working 3,4ghz is max!!

If I install clover on a new drive, OC does not work 3,4ghz is the highest clock.
Even If I clone/copy the EFI Folder from the working drive I get the same issues?? Even with Clover 4586?
Dose not make any sense, HS or Mojave same issues

Its like something is special on my current boot ssd but I am afraid to update that clover incase I loose my OC,
I edit videos so I have tested and benchmarked the systems and performance is affected.

Have no idea,, Help!

Hi there.

If your BIOS reports 4.2GHz and with 10.14.4 HWMonitor only reports 3,4GHz, I would wonder about HWMonitor.

Can you do a test, such as a render you've done previously and know the results of, to see if the system really is running more slowly?

If it is, which System Definition are you using?

:)

Hi there.

If your BIOS reports 4.2GHz and with 10.14.4 HWMonitor only reports 3,4GHz, I would wonder about HWMonitor.

Can you do a test, such as a render you've done previously and know the results of, to see if the system really is running more slowly?

If it is, which System Definition are you using?

Hi How you doing,

Yeah unfortunately speed/rendering is affected, so it’s not a HWMonitor thing, tried different everything, new installs, copy of my “working” install..

The moment I move/copy/install clover to a new drive 3,4 is the max, it’s as though it does not read the turbo clock only the base clock, but it works on my current ssd boot drive!!

Very frustrating, utter disbelief

Hi How you doing,

Yeah unfortunately speed/rendering is affected, so it’s not a HWMonitor thing, tried different everything, new installs, copy of my “working” install..

The moment I move/copy/install clover to a new drive 3,4 is the max, it’s as though it does not read the turbo clock only the base clock, but it works on my current ssd boot drive!!

Very frustrating, utter disbelief

Did you keep the same System Definition? If so which one?

Did you keep the same System Definition? If so which one?

Yes sorry, Mac Pro 6,1 — although I was on MacPro 5.1 when I created my boot disc about 18months ago. When I Had trouble getting the RX580 to work.

I have not tried a fresh install from multibeast, I mostly just use the clover install and add kexts via clover configurator

Yes sorry, Mac Pro 6,1 — although I was on MacPro 5.1 when I created my boot disc about 18months ago. When I Had trouble getting the RX580 to work.

I have not tried a fresh install from multibeast, I mostly just use the clover install and add kexts via clover configurator

Okay :thumbup:

I was just looking at SysDefs and noticed that the MacPro6,1 model went as high as 3.7 with a Quad-core Xeon. Or 3.5 with a six-core. Although currently Apple don't list a quad-core on my local store, only 6 or 8.

The "turbo" speeds go to 3.9

However the SysDef of iMac18,3 which also touched on the RX580, went up to over 4.0/4.2GHz.

I don't necessarily want you to mess-up a nicely running set-up, just trying to offer a possible insight.

I haven't tested this SysDef myself. My own i3 is 4.0 and Apple is happy with showing me 4.01GHz. I use iMac14,2.

Just made me wonder if 10.14.4 and Clover was somehow trying to be more 'realistic' with the clock speeds?

(P.S - Yes I know none of these match your CPU though )

OK so no luck iMac System definition has the same result :!:

going to try a fresh Multibeast install on a new drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back