Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Think I am nearly finished picking my parts for my new mackintosh/gaming station pc!!! I'm so excited, but just not sure what cpu i should be buying. trying to save some costs I'm not made of money but i am building a very highend build, at least the GPU is/are ;) to last me a while.
but I'm stumped on the CPU? i5 4670k or I7 4770K or ......?
16 ram
BeQuiet dark rock cooler - Im big on air cooled cpus plus its silent ;)
GA-Z97MX Gaming 5 - seemed safe and very high end plus loads of guides I'm a nube
GTX 780ti - eventually will SLI
Corsair ax850
120GB SSD
fans - BeQuiet! silent wings 2 PWM
1TB HDD X 2 one windows
Corsair 350d case with window
Im looking to get into coding and app design with this beast, but also have studied graphic design so will be using Photoshop, Illustrator, indesign, Premier and Cinema 4D in OSX, plus will be gaming SLI in windows so would worry about bottlenecking.
Also on a side note has anyone used this motherboard for fan control?, I'm big on silence and would want my fans to run slow depending on heat.
Thanks In advanced, I would really appreciate some help. Thanks :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[video=youtube;tfnAFdDqZJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfnAFdDqZJo&src_vid=TXt1bRJh-n4&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2419225709[/video]

Found this review very insightful! Guess the i5 is the way to go your only getting marginal difference in performance then from the 4770k and save £££

how will the i5 be for SLI 780ti,s down the road for me?

HTML:
Still interested in other people opinions though? would would you recommend? would hate to buy and regret my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back