Contribute
Register

CPU Halted after wrong sleep wakeup, and after fresh install too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H F14
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got this hack working for months now. When waking I had like 50-50 chances to get it back working (screen stays black) so last week I got the black screen and decided to turn the pc off by pressing pwr button for 4 seconds.
Next time I try to boot osx I get this loading bar below the apple logo and then it shuts itself off. Verbose shows "CPU Halted" and no boot command arguments can get me to the desktop (-x -f -s; single user mode; maxmem=4096)
Booting from unibeast, and looking at DiskUtility shows the OSX boot volume grayed out.
Nothing could be done so I formatted the drive completely. Fresh Install.
Then fresh Windows install, both on the same SSD. After this I get multibeast a run and try to boot from the drive: evreything's perfect!
Now I tried to boot into OSX again after being on windows all afternoon and I get CPU Halted again! So fresh install once again won't make any difference (also, I don't want to play with the ssd anymore since they have limited writing cycles)

EDIT: When I try single user mode I get this before going to the Apple logo:
"Unable to handle key MLB"
"Unable to handle key ROM"
"Unable to handle key SystemAudioVolume"
"Unable to handle key boot-gamma"
I searched them and it seems these are harmless messages printed by a new Chimera bootloader...
Also I was able to shoot the last messages, maybe that helps someone. I couldn't find anything.
Last lines say:
"SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x05, ASC= 0x24, ASCQ= 0x00"
twice.
Here's the "screenshot"
sammultimedia.jpg

What could it be? Hardware is fine, I'm positive about it. Flash drive with unibeast is quite old but never gave me any trouble (it did let me install osx properly earlier today) boot flags shouldn't be a problem since I already booted without any flags whatsoever..
I'm like swimming in the dark here :p

Really guys? No one can give me any pointers? (please don't make the xkcd joke and write "0x02123AC0" :p )
Even though I already formatted it with Disk Utility I'm gonna boot GParted to format it just to make sure it isn't a trash on the drive issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back