Contribute
Register

CPU/GPU temps monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea something went wrong. I can't see the bootloader now. When I select my ssd it will boot automatically to mac and won't let me see clover screen.

looks like you don't have FakeSMC in the correct place. It can't find it - that's why the panic. You sure you have it ONLY in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other? No where else? And along with all of the other kexts?

You should only have ONE FakeSMC. IT should only be in the Other folder along with ALL of the other kexts. REMOVE ALL OTHER COPIES.

Edit - let me be clear(er): you should only have one. It can be where you choose, and it should be along side the sensors kexts. It's easier if you just put everything in "other" then you're sure it will load regardless of what os version is installed

Last edited:
Got it. So i deleted all of the kexts in 10.12 folder and only left one FakeSMC in the system along with the other sensors in Other folder. Nonetheless I seem to have the same kernel panic I had.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
Luckily I have backups and I can boot from them with no problem at all, however on those backups I have FakeSMC on /L/E and on EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12 and Other

Well, you should only have one - because you don't know which one it's loading otherwise and you need them to be consistent.

Take out the GPUSensors.kext and see if it boots then. I bet you're using Pascal graphic card - there's a known issue with GPUSensors.kext and the new cards.

Well, you should only have one - because you don't know which one it's loading otherwise and you need them to be consistent.

Take out the GPUSensors.kext and see if it boots then. I bet you're using Pascal graphic card - there's a known issue with GPUSensors.kext and the new cards.

Indeed I am using a gtx 1060. Removed GPUSensors.kext but still getting Kernel Panic. Guess I'll restore from a backup and try again from that one.

Indeed I am using a gtx 1060. Removed GPUSensors.kext but still getting Kernel Panic. Guess I'll restore from a backup and try again from that one.

Ok. Just make sure you only have one FakeSMC, and it's the one associated with the *Sensors.kext files and put them all in the same place. And leave out the GPUSensors one... for sure that's where your system was kernel panicking. You can see it in your screen shots. Look about 1/2 way down the screen at the indented part - you see "Kernel extensions in backtrace" you can see that it's panicking in org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors

Look about 1/2 way down the screen at the indented part - you see "Kernel extensions in backtrace" you can see that it's panicking in org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors

Saw that.

Finally I have again a fully functional Hackintosh with only one fakeSMC.kext on /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
downloaded the latest binaries from HWSensors and put them in the same folder as FakeSMC, I didn't add GPUSensors because of the kernel panic. Rebooted, launched HWSensors app and still can't read my CPU temp and the fan speeds. Guess its not meant for me, tried everything you said and it sill doesn't work. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help and clarifying some things I didn't know.

wow - that is strange. You got me then - not sure what the issue could be. The Z170 is a pretty common mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back