Acer Aspire V3-572G-5885 Notebook
CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400+GT 820M 1366 x 768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I am struggling with my Haswell CPU which keeps its frequency all the time at 2.4 GHz, while its minimum is 800 MHz and 2.7 Ghz at turbo. I have already set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true, put SSDT-XCPM.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and I do not have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed either, as per RehabMan's Native Power Management for Laptops guide.

Screenshot taken just after booting:

Intel HD4400 graphics frequencies seem to be working, however.

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.dat.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 135
  • debug_29246.zip
    3 MB · Views: 120
  • debug_16801_21stFeb.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 114
Can anyone help? My laptop isn't really usable when its battery dies after 30 minutes :/

Can anyone help? My laptop isn't really usable when its battery dies after 30 minutes :/
you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext and whatevergreen.kext to /Library/Extensions

all kexts belong there

you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext and whatevergreen.kext to /Library/Extensions

all kexts belong there
Thank you, this fixed the CPU issue. It broke my audio though - no output or input audio devices are shown in System Preferences -> Sound now.

Thank you, this fixed the CPU issue. It broke my audio though - no output or input audio devices are shown in System Preferences -> Sound now.
you will have top re upload your new problem reporting files

you will have top re upload your new problem reporting files
I did reupload those; I actually have just solved the audio problem - I had to move AppleALC.kext from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /Library/Extensions.

I did reupload those; I actually have just solved the audio problem - I had to move AppleALC.kext from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /Library/Extensions.

yes, as mentioned above regarding all kexts.....

yes, as mentioned above regarding all kexts.....
You know what? Everything seemed to be ok, but after fixing the audio (moving the kext), the CPU problem came back!
I have now removed AppleALC.kext and CPU works normally again. What could be causing such behaviour? I have always thought that this kext had to affect only audio.

You know what? Everything seemed to be ok, but after fixing the audio (moving the kext), the CPU problem came back!
I have now removed AppleALC.kext and CPU works normally again. What could be causing such behaviour? I have always thought that this kext had to affect only audio.
other have reported something similar:

also check to make sure all your kexts are updated
Use this to make sure your kexts are up to date:

other have reported something similar:

also check to make sure all your kexts are updated
Use this to make sure your kexts are up to date:
All my kexts are up to date now (Lilu.kext was outdated by one version).

According to the Activity Monitor, coreaudio uses barely nothing of resources:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back