Contribute
Register

CPU Freq suddenly wrong and high

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean no patching at all, other than basic renames. Nothing in ACPI/patched.
See guide for plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Problem still persists with no patching / nothing in ACPI/patched. Debug files of this boot attached.

Frequency seems to vary with boots, original pic in thread was 4.38GHz, I've seen as high as 5 and some GHz, this boot is in picture below. I have no idea what else to try. I thought it was OS related, I did partition and re-install another High Sierra but even that partition still had same issue.

screenshot copy.jpg

Attachments

• debug_21202.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Problem still persists with no patching / nothing in ACPI/patched. Debug files of this boot attached.

Frequency seems to vary with boots, original pic in thread was 4.38GHz, I've seen as high as 5 and some GHz, this boot is in picture below. I have no idea what else to try. I thought it was OS related, I did partition and re-install another High Sierra but even that partition still had same issue.

View attachment 349592

Your config.plist/ACPI/Patches is doing all sorts of patching,.. and patching that is dependent on certain ACPI/patched content, which you have now removed. It is not surprising you have issues with that setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back