CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi people of this forum,

I have a problem.. I'm running OS X 10.11.3 right now and everything is working except for the microphone... But the real problem is when i boot OS X and it's halfway loaded the cpu fan is throttling at full speed for a moment and then it stops. It seems that the fan is reacting when the nvidia web drivers are loaded or something or it is something with the fakesmc sensors.. The only boot flag i've enabled is nvda_drv=1. I've tried to switch the SMBIOS because i thought it was a hardware thing but the fan is going full speed with EVERY smbios. I'm running iMac14,2 atm. I hope i gave you enough information. Can anyone tell my fan that he may relax now? Lol

Thanks in advance,

Edian

Hi people of this forum,

I have a problem.. I'm running OS X 10.11.3 right now and everything is working except for the microphone... But the real problem is when i boot OS X and it's halfway loaded the cpu fan is throttling at full speed for a moment and then it stops. It seems that the fan is reacting when the nvidia web drivers are loaded or something or it is something with the fakesmc sensors.. The only boot flag i've enabled is nvda_drv=1. I've tried to switch the SMBIOS because i thought it was a hardware thing but the fan is going full speed with EVERY smbios. I'm running iMac14,2 atm. I hope i gave you enough information. Can anyone tell my fan that he may relax now? Lol

Thanks in advance,

Edian

As far as I know, that momentary fan burst is normal with a lot of motherboards - mine does it during boot too.

I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour. My fans aren't throttling full speed when booting windows. I have smart fan mode enabled in my bios. I checked the settings but the cpu fan rpm curve is fine. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Edian

I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour. My fans aren't throttling full speed when booting windows. I have smart fan mode enabled in my bios. I checked the settings but the cpu fan rpm curve is fine. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Edian

If that's the only problem you're having with your hackintosh, my suggestion is to not worry about it and enjoy your success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back