Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi everyone,

Which CPU fan do you recommend for Intel Core i7-8700K (not overclocked) and why?
I only interested in Air Cooling!

Case: Fractal Design Define Mini - mATX
MB: Gigabyte H370M DS3H - mATX

Thank for your advice!

Last edited:
You can pick up a premium air cooling fan from any number of the big manufacturers. Actual model that you go with may be impacted by the physical space available in your case, your RAM choice and aesthetic preference.
Below is a short, but not complete list of some of the better known manufacturers;

Noctua
Coolermaster
Cryorig
BeQuiet
Thermaltake

You can pick up a premium air cooling fan from any number of the big manufacturers. Actual model that you go with may be impacted by the physical space available in your case, your RAM choice and aesthetic preference.
Below is a short, but not complete list of some of the better known manufacturers;

Noctua
Coolermaster
Cryorig
BeQuiet
Thermaltake

Thanks, I have the following!:

I like Noctua, just don't know which one should I choose for my case and mb!

Hi everyone,

Which CPU fan do you recommend for Intel Core i7-8700K (not overclocked) and why?
I only interested in Air Cooling!

Thank for your advice!

I use a Noctua NH-D15S with my mATX motherboard and could not be happier. I run my 8700K @5GHz and temps have never reached 80C even when the ambient temp reaches very uncomfortable levels.

This is a slightly modified version of their NH-D15. The "S" model was specifically designed with mATX in mind and will not block the first PCI-e slot and gives enough clearance for the RAM slots so that RAM with heat spreaders can be used.

I know you said you will not be overclocking but I still feel that going with a large heatsink such as this is beneficial. It should help keep fan speeds low for a quieter system. Under normal usage, my system is inaudible to my admittedly aging ears.

I use a Noctua NH-D15S with my mATX motherboard and could not be happier. I run my 8700K @5GHz and temps have never reached 80C even when the ambient temp reaches very uncomfortable levels.

This is a slightly modified version of their NH-D15. The "S" model was specifically designed with mATX in mind and will not block the first PCI-e slot and gives enough clearance for the RAM slots so that RAM with heat spreaders can be used.

I know you said you will not be overclocking but I still feel that going with a large heatsink such as this is beneficial. It should help keep fan speeds low for a quieter system. Under normal usage, my system is inaudible to my admittedly aging ears.
Thank you for your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back