Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an issue with Geekbench not seeing the new CPU/threads and coming back with a very low score. According to Geekbench i'm running 1 core..... seems like Mutibeast installation might be causing an issue with the cpu. Not sure.... can't seem to find a way to make this work.

I know that the system sees 6 cores 12 threads - so what's going on here?

an update -

If you have the same issues as I am, the problem lies in the Asus X99 Pro motherboards BIOS settings. It is NOT a multibeast issue at all.

....trying to work on a fix for this. Let you all know when it's done!

I'm having the same problem after updating to 7.2. X99-Deluxe 5930 R9 290x. Cpu 1/10th the speed it should be. Any luck finding a solution?

Found a solution that so far seems to be working. Boot flags: npci=0x2000 x99
Also changed model to imac 12.1. Everything seems to be working great now. The only app that crashes the machine requiring a reset is Aperture. Haven't found any solution for that yet.

Found a solution that so far seems to be working. Boot flags: npci=0x2000 x99
Also changed model to imac 12.1. Everything seems to be working great now. The only app that crashes the machine requiring a reset is Aperture. Haven't found any solution for that yet.

I also have a 290x that would only crash when using Aperture. Difference being I'm on the x79 platform. Any time I tried to make adjustments it would cause major artifacts and completely freeze the system, requiring a hard reset. It was especially bad with the sharpening tool, which made it freeze instantly. Aperture was pretty much unusable. I tried a bunch of things and was about to replace the card entirely until I found a fix last night. The only way I was able to fix this issue was by using the new Yosemite beta 4. Something I didn't really want to do but it's working 100% and I can now edit in Aperture without any freezes. yay.

For reference: My 290x is a Gigabyte GV-R929XOC-4GD. I'm on x79 and my full boot string is "npci=0x2000 -f kext-dev-mode=1".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back