Inegrated
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So my wife now has an iMac, Macbook (obsolete), new Macbook Air, and iPhone. My new job is going to give me an iPhone and she is always asking me for help. I am hoping I can get a new SSD and hackintosh my machine so I can learn more about mac's and be able to help here when she has issues.

ASRock Z97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
i5-4690K CPU @ 3.5

If possible I will pick up a hardrive locally. It seems like a PNY or Kinsington are my only options today. If one of the ones in the build list will really make this easier I will order from amazon and wait until Wednesday to complete this project. Also I already put Sierra and multiboot on a External 2TB USB drive that I partitioned to 16GB. Will this be fine or should I grab a proper thumb drive also? I only have 4GB ones laying around.

Thanks in advance for any input guys/gals. I really appreciate it.

Also worth noting I supposed
- MS 7000 BT keyboard/mouse
- Monitor is not 1080p and I use a HDMI - DVI Adapter
- Lan Ethernet

Not sure if any of these will cause an issue.
Again I am willing to upgrade anything I need to if I can get this working.

I was able to get thinks going somewhat. I cam install with the USB bootdrive. Then I can format disk, install and then get into the mac os just fine. I can reboot, again using the USB drive and the OS will function (without audio of course) Everytime I try and run MultiBeast after install (3 times now) the boot will now stall on the apple logo and progress bar at about 3/4" progress completed. I can boot into clover fine without the USB drive but the OS fails to go past the 3/4" mark.

I was able to get thinks going somewhat. I cam install with the USB bootdrive. Then I can format disk, install and then get into the mac os just fine. I can reboot, again using the USB drive and the OS will function (without audio of course) Everytime I try and run MultiBeast after install (3 times now) the boot will now stall on the apple logo and progress bar at about 3/4" progress completed. I can boot into clover fine without the USB drive but the OS fails to go past the 3/4" mark.
Boot in verbose mode again and make a photo. Attach it!
Also upload the Clover folder of the bootable drive as zip ( delet themes folder before, otherwise the file size is large ).

Boot in verbose mode again and make a photo. Attach it!
Also upload the Clover folder of the bootable drive as zip ( delet themes folder before, otherwise the file size is large ).

Okay I can do that tonight for sure. Couple of Questions:
Since I can boot to a functioning OS (no audio, imessage,etc) when using the USB as a bootloader would it not seem that currently the settings are working quite good? Should I just manually move the bootloader as is on the USB to the SSD and then manually add in the audio? I guess I'm asking if I should stay away from Multibeast all together.

Okay I can do that tonight for sure. Couple of Questions:
Since I can boot to a functioning OS (no audio, imessage,etc) when using the USB as a bootloader would it not seem that currently the settings are working quite good? Should I just manually move the bootloader as is on the USB to the SSD and then manually add in the audio? I guess I'm asking if I should stay away from Multibeast all together.
Just run Multibeast and install Clover UEFI and the drivers for audio and ethernet.
For iMesaage, follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

I decided to just copy the Clover information from my USB to the hard drive. I did an audio patch for 892 and perfecto everything runs. I went to try and get iMessage and the like working and I cannot generate a serial number that the apple page with recognize. Is there any "new" generators that can help with this? Also is there a way for be to check my "default config" and see if I can remove or tweak it for efficiency?

I decided to just copy the Clover information from my USB to the hard drive. I did an audio patch for 892 and perfecto everything runs. I went to try and get iMessage and the like working and I cannot generate a serial number that the apple page with recognize. Is there any "new" generators that can help with this? Also is there a way for be to check my "default config" and see if I can remove or tweak it for efficiency?
You can also download the Clover installer manually and the kexts and drivers for ethernet and audio also.
Just do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back