Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
was planning on getting the z77 TB mobo, this has a firewire port (internal header). first is this a TI chipset sorry if this is a dumb question, this is my first time building a computer. i will be using this with a saffire pro 24 which recommends TI for firewire. or will i have to get a seperate firewire card for example the syba 3 port which i am not sure if this is TI either. also the case is a corsair carbide series blk 500R mid tower, it has a firewire port for internal headers. since the mobo and case are listed under the customac list i figure they can connect? am i right? thanks

was planning on getting the z77 TB mobo, this has a firewire port (internal header). first is this a TI chipset sorry if this is a dumb question, this is my first time building a computer. i will be using this with a saffire pro 24 which recommends TI for firewire. or will i have to get a seperate firewire card for example the syba 3 port which i am not sure if this is TI either. also the case is a corsair carbide series blk 500R mid tower, it has a firewire port for internal headers. since the mobo and case are listed under the customac list i figure they can connect? am i right? thanks

not the TB motherboard that doesnt exist lol i mean TH sorry.

The GA-Z77X-UP5-TH FW is VIA chipset (not TI). You could connect the case's 1394a port to the mobo header & use it for things OTHER than your audio interface. Get the Syba 1394A/B card recommended here & use that for your Focusrite. Syba card is TI chipset.

The GA-Z77X-UP5-TH FW is VIA chipset (not TI). You could connect the case's 1394a port to the mobo header & use it for things OTHER than your audio interface. Get the Syba 1394A/B card recommended here & use that for your Focusrite. Syba card is TI chipset.

Thanks for the help BoomR, I also plan on getting the i7 3770 3.4 Lga 1155. The list under customacpro builds state the graphics card is optional. But the cpu doesnt state that it has onboard graphics? like the 3770k.

Thanks for the help BoomR, I also plan on getting the i7 3770 3.4 Lga 1155. The list under customacpro builds state the graphics card is optional. But the cpu doesnt state that it has onboard graphics? like the 3770k.

I'm pretty sure that all of the Ivy Bridge CPUs include HD4000 graphics (whether it's listed that way in the Buyer's Guide or not - probably just an oversight). The "k" designation means that the CPU is "unlocked" for overclocking. If you think you might want to overclock down the road & squeak some more power out of your beast, then it might be worth the extra $$ now to "future-proof" your build. However, if you know that you'll never overclock your machine, then the $$ saved for the non-k version will be enough to buy me a really nice steak & a beer somewhere LOL
:headbang:

I'm pretty sure that all of the Ivy Bridge CPUs include HD4000 graphics (whether it's listed that way in the Buyer's Guide or not - probably just an oversight). The "k" designation means that the CPU is "unlocked" for overclocking. If you think you might want to overclock down the road & squeak some more power out of your beast, then it might be worth the extra $$ now to "future-proof" your build. However, if you know that you'll never overclock your machine, then the $$ saved for the non-k version will be enough to buy me a really nice steak & a beer somewhere LOL
:headbang:

Ya can never go wrong with steak n beer, haha thank u BoomR for the help. I thought the same with the ivy bridge onboard graphics but i guess amazon forgot to list this important feature. I guess i could have done a simple google search sorry about that. Im not sure how hard it is to overclock but i might take the 3770k into considerationn. I know its unlocked so its abit easier. Thanks again man

Ya can never go wrong with steak n beer, haha thank u BoomR for the help. I thought the same with the ivy bridge onboard graphics but i guess amazon forgot to list this important feature. I guess i could have done a simple google search sorry about that. Im not sure how hard it is to overclock but i might take the 3770k into considerationn. I know its unlocked so its abit easier. Thanks again man

Just to be clear, you can only overclock the K version. Non-K is "locked" at 3.4. Even though the motherboard supports overclocking, you must also have an unlock processor. :)

I just successfully installed my customac, so far so good. Installed Digidesign Pro Tools 8.0.5 but was unable to detect my Digi 002 via the internal MOBO FireWire 1394 header (same MOBO as u guys). Will have to look into it more tmrw when I awake.

From memory, my BIOS settings have the 1394 as enabled, the FireWire is visible via System Settings, and I can't recall if I found any correlating boxes to tick in the Multi-Beast stages.

Not a big deal as I'd like to run my FireWire cable around the back of the comp as opposed to the front of the case, but it would be nice to know why that MOBO firewire header is not registering.

I've heard a few people mention the Syba 1394A/B as a recommended Firewire PCI ard, would this be the go for Digidesign/Avid products such as the 002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back