Contribute
Register

Country Code Patch for High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is now another tool for those who needs the country code change on Mac OS X.
It is called AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
This Kext is a Lilu plugin and MUST be installed with latest Lilu.kext.
Country Code change can be done using a boot parameter: brcmfx-country=XX
Using this kext, we don't need to use fcvo, 5Ghz, and Airport Extreme or even FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.
PS: don't forget to use -lilubeta and -brcmfxbeta on High Sierra.
Features
  • Supports AirPort_Brcm4360, AirPort_BrcmNIC and AirPort_BrcmNIC_MFG
  • Implements patch for passing chip id checking (fcvo - 0xaa52)
  • Implements patch for "Failed PCIe configuration"
  • Implements patch for "Third-Party Wireless Card" (returns vendor name "Apple")
  • Implements patch for removing of white-list check
  • Implements 5Ghz and country code patch (US by default)
  • Boot-arg "brcmfx-country=XX" changes the country code to XX (US, CN, ...)
  • Boot-arg "-brcmfxdbg" turns on debugging output
  • Boot-arg "-brcmfxbeta" enables loading on unsupported osx
  • Boot-arg "-brcmfxoff" disables kext loading
Credit: lvs1974 and vit9696

The patch by PMHeart was not working for me on High Sierra, I can confirm the AirportBrcmFixup kext with the the boot argument for #a works great.

For me just changing:
Name: com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC
to
Name: AirPortBrcm4360

Fixed the issue.
Then setting the appropriate hex code to match your country is your choice.

Solved, thanks McShmoopy.
Had installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Install AirportBrcmFixup.kext and boot arguments: -brcmfx-country=ES -brcmfxbeta -lilubeta
et voila¡¡ :clap:

Captura de pantalla 2017-10-24 a las 22.31.24.png

Solved, thanks McShmoopy.
Had installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Install AirportBrcmFixup.kext and boot arguments: -brcmfx-country=ES -brcmfxbeta -lilubeta
et voila¡¡ :clap:

View attachment 287898

You should be able to accomplish the same effect with FakePCIID kexts + appropriate country code patch.

You should be able to accomplish the same effect with FakePCIID kexts + appropriate country code patch.

How to understand above?? Would you please tell me in details.

Another question:
I've changed country code successfully, but the location is "Unknown" as fontanero. Is it right value?? If not, how to change it? What is the value for it??

How to understand above?? Would you please tell me in details.

If you have a scenario where a kext you're using is applying a country code patch that works, examine the source of the kext to discover what patch(es) it is applying.

Another question:
I've changed country code successfully, but the location is "Unknown" as fontanero. Is it right value?? If not, how to change it? What is the value for it??

I'm in North America.... therefore no real experience with the country code patching for other regions.

I'm in North America.... therefore no real experience with the country code patching for other regions.

You don't understand what I said. I've change country code successfully. I merely don't know the "Unknown"(the former value is FCC before changing country code)

You don't understand what I said. I've change country code successfully. I merely don't know the "Unknown"(the former value is FCC before changing country code)

Please read what I wrote "therefore no real experience with the country code patching for other regions.".

Hi RehabMan, since changing to High Sierra the country code fail, but Sierra with FakePCIID kexts + appropriate country code patch works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back