Contribute
Register

Couldn't install Bootloader/ High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I've been trying to sort this out for a couple months now (obviously not an expert hacker) I've gone through the troubleshooting and scoured the forums for similar issues. I've had stable builds running Yosemite, Mavericks, Sierra but High Sierra is giving me trouble.

Is there a problem because the OSX base system name and the name unibeast names the usb are the same? "Install macOS High Sierra"?

I'm trying to create this on my macbook and so far I've:
-Used multiple usb drives
-ensured GUID partition
-made sure I have a complete version of High Sierra OS 5.2 Gigabytes

Thank you and I apologize if this is a repeat post.

Code:
08/17/18 11:59:21 - Starting UniBeast 8.3.1-20180412
08/17/18 11:59:41 - Starting UniBeast 8.3.1-20180412
08/17/18 12:00:20 - Copying Files...
08/17/18 12:27:22 - Installing Bootloader...
08/17/18 12:27:22 - installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
err
08/17/18 12:27:22 - installer --- installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
err --- Couldn't install Bootloader

Yes, the destination disk cannot have the same name as any other mounted disk.

You're amazing and thank you for the fast response!

So I'm not sure how to work around this. When I initially erase/format the usb drive I name it "u" then once unibeast starts it renames the drive to "install macos High Sierra" (the same name as the macos download)

I tried renaming the download prior to starting unibeast but then unibeast can't find the file.

Why does unibeast automatically rename the flash drive if that's going to cause an error?

Last edited:
You're amazing and thank you for the fast response!

So I'm not sure how to work around this. When I initially erase/format the usb drive I name it "u" then once unibeast starts it renames the drive to "install macos High Sierra" (the same name as the macos download)

I tried renaming the download prior to starting unibeast but then unibeast can't find the file.

Why does unibeast automatically rename the flash drive if that's going to cause an error?

Unibeast will rename the USB stick Install ........., but the new drive disk HDD or SSD must not be named the same as the unibeast or other existing MacOS install. For example name your erased and formatted new disk “untitled” then when you install using unibeast ty can select “untitled” as destination drive for the install.

Unibeast will rename the USB stick Install ........., but the new drive disk HDD or SSD must not be named the same as the unibeast or other existing macOS install. For example name your erased and formatted new disk “untitled” then when you install using UniBeast ty can select “untitled” as destination drive for the install.

I haven’t gotten past creating the UniBeast thumb drive. It’s stuck on “installing boot loader”.

Also I’m not creating the USB using my hackintosh system. I’m using a separate MacBook.

I haven’t gotten past creating the UniBeast thumb drive. It’s stuck on “installing boot loader”.

Also I’m not creating the USB using my hackintosh system. I’m using a separate MacBook.

Do you have a spare drive that is clean? You can use your working Hackintosh to directly install Mojave to a spare disk and leave the USB out of the equation.

Do you have a spare drive that is clean? You can use your working Hackintosh to directly install Mojave to a spare disk and leave the USB out of the equation.

In the process of trying out different builds through multibeast (my GeForce 1050 wasn’t working), my hackintosh freezes on a black screen with an apple logo upon boot. My plan is to do a clean install. But now I can’t make a unibeast using my MacBook.

In the process of trying out different builds through multibeast (my GeForce 1050 wasn’t working), my hackintosh freezes on a black screen with an apple logo upon boot. My plan is to do a clean install. But now I can’t make a unibeast using my MacBook.

Mojave has no Nvidia web drivers yet. High Sierra has them.

Right. I’m not trying to install Mojave, I’m trying to install High Sierra.

I found a few other posts with this issue and they they didn't get any resolution either.

I understand that "the destination disk cannot have the same name as any other mounted disk."

Does the macOS download in my applications folder count as a "mounted disk"?

If not then I don't understand the error I'm getting as there shouldn't be another disk with that name besides when Unibeast changes my flash drive name to "Install macOS High Sierra".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back